Makro special !!

Shangri la

If your actual body weight is +-40kg, you should be fine with this bike! :w00t:

...21kg !!!

Actually R1199 in Gauteng

FEATURES:

TYPE OF BICYCLE: Mountain bike GENDER: Mens SPEEDS: 21 speed RECOMMENDED AGE GROUP: Adult TYPE OF BRAKES: VEE brake GEAR BRAND: Sunrun CRANK: 3 piece FRAME MATERIAL: High tensile steel RIM MATERIAL: Alloy SUSPENSION TYPE: Front and rear suspension WHEEL SIZE: 26"

SIZE:
26"
SERVICE GUARANTEE:
1 year guarantee

PRODUCT / PACKAGING INFORMATION:

Product Weight: 21 kg

Product Dimensions: 133cm (L) x 18cm (W) x 63cm (H)

Shipping Weight: 21kg

Shipping Dimensions: 135cm (L) x 20cm (W) x 68cm (H)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!!! I started my mtb journey a bit over a year ago on a bike half a step up from a makro special. When I decided I wanted to try mtb out , makro was my first point of call and I wanted to spend no more than 1k and closer to R500.

True it was a nightmare to ride especially for a noob but they also market to people looking for a cheap commuter bike. And it's a pretty colour. A year ago I would've probably bought it.

whahahahahahah!!!! this was a good laught this :thumbup: :thumbup: but wait, i still have Raleight M-Trax that i bought at Makro "was a bit more then that price" and it was a nice bike to ride with some nice parts on. Standing at home now just collecting dust. It even kept up with Down hill Riding :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I say it's a good start and better than nothing. Besides, not everybody can afford the "non-Makro" brands, unless bought second-hand or from some "opportunist seller".

Guest EdEdEd

...21kg !!!

Actually R1199 in Gauteng

FEATURES:

TYPE OF BICYCLE: Mountain bike GENDER: Mens SPEEDS: 21 speed RECOMMENDED AGE GROUP: Adult TYPE OF BRAKES: VEE brake GEAR BRAND: Sunrun CRANK: 3 piece FRAME MATERIAL: High tensile steel RIM MATERIAL: Alloy SUSPENSION TYPE: Front and rear suspension WHEEL SIZE: 26"

SIZE:
26"
SERVICE GUARANTEE:
1 year guarantee

PRODUCT / PACKAGING INFORMATION:

Product Weight: 21 kg

Product Dimensions: 133cm (L) x 18cm (W) x 63cm (H)

Shipping Weight: 21kg

Shipping Dimensions: 135cm (L) x 20cm (W) x 68cm (H)

At 21kg it really does put the Mountain in Mountain bike!!!

Put some lovely green slime in the tires and you are ready to roll. At that weight the frame should never break.

Green slime??? That bike deserve those blue permatube things!

Guest Hollow Man

Surprises me how serious and anal some mountain bikers are!

original post was pure sarcasm ;)

Ok, got the sarcasm in the original post...

Much of the seriousness and anality(as of now, it's a word) is meant well; none of us wants a fellow biker to end up hating their machine(or help fix it during a chilled Cradle Ride on a Sunday).

i actually rode totem hardtail bike for about 6months before buying a "real" bike. there was nothing wrong with it for a beginner l

You more of a man than me

Did my 1st August on a Makro special,ended with both wheels wobbly, crank pedals bent, only able to select 1 ring up and brakes stuffed. Never again.

Guest Hollow Man

Come on guys - admit it. How many of you secretly rode a "Makro special" at some point in your lives????

Hahaha, ja, plenty of us, I would bet. My first MTB was a few grades above that, but a monstrosity nonetheless. It was called the Iron Pig, and for good reason. It gave me more than 10,000km of service before crossing over to the dark side.

Whats worse, a Makro, Pick & Pay, Game or Checkers special?

I think Checkers must surely win that race.

Did my 1st August on a Makro special,ended with both wheels wobbly, crank pedals bent, only able to select 1 ring up and brakes stuffed. Never again.

did 6 Argus's on a Makro special road bike many years ago when I was young and dumb (i.e a roadie). managed a 3.14 on that thing. lasted me 10 years without a single mechanical. only ever oiled the chain.

Come on guys - admit it. How many of you secretly rode a "Makro special" at some point in your lives????

my first "proper" MTB (it had front shocks and all) was a game special peugeot.

Everything except the tires and saddle was made of steel. I can't remember what it weighed but that thing was bullet proof and was perfect for the following cycling disciplines;

1. dirt jumping

2. down hill (any Bloem resident will know suicide hill on brandkop)

3. urban attack

4. moonlight mass

5. road races

6. time trial

7. commuting

8. XCO/M

9. free style

I mainly used it to commute to school/work and later to varsity.

everyone needs to start somewhere