Shower in CPT CBD

chaos_za

Lock the bike up outside by one of the many poles, changing area is clean and so are the showers, although there is only two and only one with a door, haha - get what you pay for!

FYI I used to swim there often, there used to be lady who brought her bike with her into the pool hall.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly 5 Star, but it will do for now!

Can't you also get Sauna / Steam room there as well?

Popped in to see the pool today and decide if it is on to take the youngster the to learn to swim.

Building is old, but seems clean enough. Pool is very clean.

Going to give it a try tomorrow.

Open from 7 to 7 and 7 days a week.

R5 for adults and R1 for kids

Popped in to see the pool today and decide if it is on to take the youngster the to learn to swim.

i swim there often: the amenities are well, sufficient, but the water is mint!

Sounds like they haven't changed the price for 15yrs well the kids price at least, what nice activity can you buy for a kid these days for R1, just about zero.

Is it a municipal pool, if it is that's how the state should make amenities avail, decent if not amazing facilities and cheap.

just fit a shower head on a bracket above your head, its good enough for jz its good enough for you

Caretaker doesn't mind bikes coming in.The price actually dropped from R9 recently .There is a guy called Al that teaches all ages to swim and the kids love him.My son still calls it Al's pool

• 2 months later...

Just an update - Haven't been around for a month and cycled in this morning to work to find that the long street baths are closed for maintenance or something, and they dont give a date when they will be opening again... so no shower for me again! Sigh!

• 4 weeks later...

:eek:

WTF thats like ..goeie ou dae se pryse.. nuh :thumbup:

Update on that - its now actually R15 to shower whilst the pool is apparently closed - makes absolutely no sense...

I convinced my boss to build a shower in our new office :clap:

We had the basin moved and then squeezed it in the corner of the existing toilet.

Happy days!

I tried when we moved into our new offices at the beginning of August, landlord vetoed the idea tho...

I asked the beauty parlor over the road from my office if I could pay them monthly in order to use their shower facilities after a midday run. Being Thai, they were a little unhappy about the idea so I left them for a week or two. Going back, I asked again and was told, again with a suspicious look that it was not going to happen.

My closest bike related venue is Cajee's (also over the road) and I'm not paying those crooks anything. So, Virgin Down the road it is, I was just hoping to not have to get into the car.

Edited by Jigghead