Jonkershoek Closure

trailmansam

True, but even if I do get my dream 36er I'd still much rather ride it from Paradyskloof to Coetzenburg and on Bottelary than Jonkershoek. I prefer poser free routes.

How do you come to the conclusion that jonkershoek is ridden by posers if you've never been there?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you come to the conclusion that jonkershoek is ridden by posers if you've never been there?

Have you even read this thread? This is one of the reasons why I don't do Jonkershoek.

Have you even read this thread? This is one of the reasons why I don't do Jonkershoek.

The posters here on the Hub are perhaps 20 people, most of them posted pretty decent comments. That means only a handful are idiots. Thousands of people ride Jonkershoek and are totally unaware of this thread and this little spat, they just enjoy the place and the trails. I recommend that you just take a day and go give the place a try. Even do it during the week when there are few people around. It is just too beautiful to miss out on Jonkershoek. If you don't like it, then don't go back, that's OK too. :)

The posters here on the Hub are perhaps 20 people, most of them posted pretty decent comments. That means only a handful are idiots. Thousands of people ride Jonkershoek and are totally unaware of this thread and this little spat, they just enjoy the place and the trails. I recommend that you just take a day and go give the place a try. Even do it during the week when there are few people around. It is just too beautiful to miss out on Jonkershoek. If you don't like it, then don't go back, that's OK too. :)

I suppose each to his own hey.....but if we're so fortunate to have so many different trails around us....its almost a sin not to enjoy as much of it as possible without worrying about people. I dont ride for other people....and couldnt care if someone doesnt greet me on a trail. I'll make sure i greet tho...but thats not the point though. Enjoy the trails we have at our disposal...simple as that!

its funny anyone can think that of people who ride in jonkershoek. i go there at least twice a week and with the exception of weekends i hardly ever see a single person. even on weekends i hardly see anyone. theres so much space there you never get caught up with people really. not sure what your expecting.. your there to ride either on your own or with friends, its not like your going speed dating and expecting people to fall over themselves to interact with you.

this is totally off the point anyway..

........................., its not like your going speed dating and expecting people to fall over themselves to interact with you.....................

Ha ha, speed dating................... it felt a bit like that riding up the Tokai single track the other day, with having to pull over so often for people coming down. At one stage both the guy coming down and me going up, pulled off and stood waiting for each other around a blind corner. When nothing happened for a minute or 2, we both felt a bit stupid,.......yes, like speed dating (Disclaimer: I know nothing about speed dating) :D

Totally off topic, but I just don't care today.

He claims to ride through Eden/Paradyskloof every day. The locals take their dogs for walks in Eden. I have never seen a place with more dog poo than Eden.

Now, the problem is; he has no mudguards on his bike and because he rides through Eden everyday he is now soo full of **** that he can't think straight or even see straight. He is so blinded by the dog **** that he has to take the shortest route home and has to spend weekends scrubbing his bike and therefor has no time to go for a ride in Jonkers.

Bottom line - he wants to ride in Jonkers but he is just sooooo full of **** that he can't do it!

if the trails are too technical for you just say so. no shame in it.

It sounds like we're all better off for it.

agreed... If you mtb to be hipster and not main stream you're doing it for the wrong reasons. I'd personally prefer it if people with nothing constructive to contribute stay away from places like Jonkershoek.

Agreed. I'll stick to places with awesome views and little branding.

There really is VERY little branding at Jonkershoek

Rouxenator

do you ride a branded bike with branded clothes and branded shoes and branded glasses and branded helmet.

Come on what's a few posters or stickers the sport is booming and healthy stop trying so hard to be unbranded and just enjoy riding.

I leave my trolling for myBB. I am dead serious here, my first post in this thread was merely stating how I feel about Jonkershoek and I stand by that. I can understand that is is hard for some people to see my logic and therefore they reason I am insane, which I could well be.

The fact still is there are many excellent trails around Stellenbosch and as I enjoy quite a few of them. I am not trolling when I honestly say I have no desire to go to Jonkershoek

Edited by Rouxenator

Who cares if it's mainstream? You're out to enjoy the ride, EPIC single track and views that are available in Jonkers. Surely you ride for enjoyment? Not to seek the most secluded trails available and then go ride on your ace. If you're out to have a good ride, Jonkers is up there with the best in the country, why not use it. Weird logic.

Cannot agree more! I also get the feeling Mr Roux rides his rails whilst constantly looking over his shoulder to see WHO is there to spot him and WHO he can spot and IF they are posers or not?

When i ride trails (Jonkers included!) I actually ride for my own pleasure and not for those around me!! Could'nt care two hoot who poses and who does not...