Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe I missed this thread!!

I started biking when my cousins had scramblers when I was probably an early teen. We used to steal the bikes etc blabla.

I owned a (like in pic) 88 suzuki gsxr400 gk73a some 12+ years ago. Man did it hustle. Used to commute on R20 a week.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Cant believe I missed this thread!!

I started biking when my cousins had scramblers when I was probably an early teen. We used to steal the bikes etc blabla.

I owned a (like in pic) 88 suzuki gsxr400 gk73a some 12+ years ago. Man did it hustle. Used to commute on R20 a week.

Hehe, it's amazing what one can find online on a relatively boring Sunday evening.

Those were awesome bikes .

Can anyone reccomend someone who can rebuild a set of scooter rear shocks - one of my C1's has sprung a small leak, and replacements are the next best thing to unobtanium (aside from the price)

Can anyone reccomend someone who can rebuild a set of scooter rear shocks - one of my C1's has sprung a small leak, and replacements are the next best thing to unobtanium (aside from the price)

Try Martin at http://mpcustomvalve.co.za/

I send all my suspension work to him.

So....my MTB needs a new fork, I would love a set of Bora's for my road bike, my car is paid off so I have some spare cash....

and then I see this.

And I just happened to have one at University.....

So the DT arrived last night from Cape Town - I must say, it's been a refreshing experience in this day and age, where you do a deal on a bike unseen, and when it arrives there are no surprises - everything is exactly as was described over the phone.  There are still genuine people out there!

As for the bike, its exactly as I remember it when I rode one last - pure 1990's Japanese excess where they were going overboard trying to see who could outdo the other!  Powervalve, Flatslide Mikuni, fully adjustable suspension (High-Tech even by today's standards), DID rims.....I'm going to have some fun with this one....

Guest Omega Man

So the DT arrived last night from Cape Town - I must say, it's been a refreshing experience in this day and age, where you do a deal on a bike unseen, and when it arrives there are no surprises - everything is exactly as was described over the phone.  There are still genuine people out there!

As for the bike, its exactly as I remember it when I rode one last - pure 1990's Japanese excess where they were going overboard trying to see who could outdo the other!  Powervalve, Flatslide Mikuni, fully adjustable suspension (High-Tech even by today's standards), DID rims.....I'm going to have some fun with this one....

Sweet. Nice score there.

I'm taking possession of my RVF on Friday if all goes well. Pretty damn stoked. 

I went out to the Isle of Wight a few years ago and they had a Vespa festival of some kind going on there.  There were literally hundreds and hundreds of these old bike that had been ridden from all over the country and converged on the island - the whole island smelt of two stroke!  It was awesome!  Most of the bikes had serious work carried out on them and were spotless and full custom.  A lot of guys had gone totally OTT with the mirrors too, similar to the pic below.

http://molempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Mod_Mirrors_scooter_mod_revival.jpg

http://www.mojokingclothing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/131.jpg

Guest Omega Man

My new lid for my bike. The guys that know me will know that this lid suits me 1000%. It's on my hatstand at home with my Matt black Airoh dh lid and my matt black Bell trail lid. Spot the trend?

post-18968-0-83643100-1417596670_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

My new lid for my bike. The guys that know me will know that this lid suits me 1000%. It's on my hatstand at home with my Matt black Airoh dh lid and my matt black Bell trail lid. Spot the trend?

attachicon.gifxr_rollin.jpg

Can I ask where you bought this from? I am considering the Shoei Neotec right now.

EDIT: very nice btw!!

Edited by discostu

Guest Omega Man

Can I ask where you bought this from? I am considering the Shoei Neotec right now.

EDIT: very nice btw!!

Trac Mac in Durbanville. It's the XR1100 model which isn't the high end one. The high end R11k model is called Spirit I think. I wanted a Scot Redding Shark but it turns out my scone is not the right shape.

They're running a special on the XR1100 for R4k right now which is WELL down from rrp.

Edited by Omega Man

Trac Mac in Durbanville. It's the XR1100 model which isn't the high end one. The high end R11k model is called Spirit I think. I wanted a Scot Redding Shark but it turns out my scone is not the right shape.

They're running a special on the XR1100 for R4k right now which is WELL down from rrp.

Great thanks, will definitely check it out!!