Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This bike made me smile.b2a3b274e7dbf5f63feabba410d7b284.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I would like one of these, very lekka, never rode one though.

There are quite a number of these for sale and they are apparently bomb proof.Do they suit a shorter rider or taller?

I really like the look of them and the reports

I am only 5 ft 8, about 1m73or so in modern. The bike is tall for me to get on if I use a top bag. I can stand on flat ground with both feet touching the ground but not flat. I generally climb on and off using the left foot peg with the bike on the stand. I also shortened the stand to make it lean over a bit more. They are very upright when standard.

Bike is easy to ride and is great in the dirt with good knobblies. I run Dunlop D606 or Michelin T63. Both are a little wobbly in the wet on tar but I do not mind, am used to the bike moving about. I run lower pressures too because I ride a lot of dirt and cant be arsed to stop and pump them up again. On dry tar it is easy to scrape yer boots on the ground!

The fork spring mod is awesome, next will be a new rear shock suited to my weight and riding style. I have dented the exhaust can with the rear brake while riding enduro with my brother, he on his KTM 450. The new rear shock will sort that issue.

The KLR is no enduro bike but is still awesome for being able to cover big tar distance and really handle just about any dirt going, even if not as fast as lighter dirt bikes.

It could use a little more HP but in reality, my skill level is generally happy with the performance.

Next bike will be an Africa Twin, feels just like my KLR, just about 24kgs heavier but nearly 2.5 times more power.

I will not get rid of the KLR though, I like that big single thumper!

Hell I don't know.  Everything is worn, and there are so many different combinations of parts from the different models you never know if you have the right ones.

The clutch operates with three small cylindrical pushrods - there are three different lengths, and they were selected for the three different types of clutch, which, you guessed it look identical, and have absolutely no part numbers anywhere.

It's really becoming a hit and miss scenario!

But it sure looks to a beauty when done.

I am only 5 ft 8, about 1m73or so in modern. The bike is tall for me to get on if I use a top bag. I can stand on flat ground with both feet touching the ground but not flat. I generally climb on and off using the left foot peg with the bike on the stand. I also shortened the stand to make it lean over a bit more. They are very upright when standard.

Bike is easy to ride and is great in the dirt with good knobblies. I run Dunlop D606 or Michelin T63. Both are a little wobbly in the wet on tar but I do not mind, am used to the bike moving about. I run lower pressures too because I ride a lot of dirt and cant be arsed to stop and pump them up again. On dry tar it is easy to scrape yer boots on the ground!

The fork spring mod is awesome, next will be a new rear shock suited to my weight and riding style. I have dented the exhaust can with the rear brake while riding enduro with my brother, he on his KTM 450. The new rear shock will sort that issue.

The KLR is no enduro bike but is still awesome for being able to cover big tar distance and really handle just about any dirt going, even if not as fast as lighter dirt bikes.

It could use a little more HP but in reality, my skill level is generally happy with the performance.

Next bike will be an Africa Twin, feels just like my KLR, just about 24kgs heavier but nearly 2.5 times more power.

I will not get rid of the KLR though, I like that big single thumper!

Thanks for that....I am 6'31/2" ....speaking of thumpers I cam across this the other day

post-523-0-90451600-1508304718_thumb.jpg

If your day begins like this, it will prob only get better.. :thumbdown:

Luckily it isn't leaking any air atm. So hopefully it will be ok.

post-32956-0-72089000-1508388175_thumb.jpg

Im not sure. Think it can. But its almost time for a new Back Tyre. Almost got 10000km on it.