Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Hairy said:

A page or two ago we were talking around fuel economy.

The following screen grab off a 1200cc BWM R nineT .... dude says a 17litre tank = estimated rage of 240km ... my Fat Bob with a 1584cc comes in at 16 liters = estimated range of 250km with a heavy wrist in city conditions.

image.png.08c85d23d6e6f8690acd3240fe8b657e.png

Hahaha, ja I had an odometer like that once.

Any 2 stroke experts here? My Yz125 fouls plugs constantly along with my sisters yz85.  Both bikes run crisp and dont bog. ride them for 2 hours and they bog and foul the plugs.  Yz125 is at 40-1 yz85 is 36-1.  tried a 7 to 9 plug in both bikes. is it jetting or our riding style that causes it?  Never had to touch jetting so not sure whats the cause. 

11 minutes ago, Mongooser said:

Any 2 stroke experts here? My Yz125 fouls plugs constantly along with my sisters yz85.  Both bikes run crisp and dont bog. ride them for 2 hours and they bog and foul the plugs.  Yz125 is at 40-1 yz85 is 36-1.  tried a 7 to 9 plug in both bikes. is it jetting or our riding style that causes it?  Never had to touch jetting so not sure whats the cause. 

sorry dont know bike so this might sound stupid, do you mix your own petrol and oil for these or does the bike do it for you ?

Could be to much oil in the mix ? Usually the fuel:oil ratio stated is what the manufacturer deems correct for constant full throttle use.

Edited by The Ouzo

3 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

sorry dont know bike so this might sound stupid, do you mix your own petrol and oil for these or does the bike do it for you ?

Could be to much oil in the mix ? Usually the fuel:oil ratio stated is what the manufacturer deems correct for constant full throttle use.

we manually mix our own gas, My EC300 has oil injection but our yz's dont sadly.

The manual do recommends 32-1 for both bikes, ive always ran 40-1 and my sister does 36-1 since she lugs the bike more. if we run 32-1 the bikes bog like mad and sputter oil all over. 

2 hours ago, sawystertrance said:

Hairy, You literally just pulled away from parking directly opposite my apartment. I coulda shouted but......Harley. :D

LOL.... was this in Sea Point?

Just met with a prospective client ..... admit it ... you regret not shouting now :P