Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

10 minutes ago, Hairy said:

You need new tyres
image.png.e0e7bcc661dc1382ea5e482fb8c59242.png

Not really, looks worse cause the bikes filthy. 

EF471C53-924B-49E2-8DE6-CDEA5ECF16DE.jpeg

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Ah ok, that looks like a Spech tyre ... so grips like a slick :P

Pirelli Scorpion, equally as ****. 😂

Hi fellow bike riders :)

I've been doing the learner's roulette for the past few years because I couldn't get a license booking for the most part. Reckon I'd like to get the test done now, but not sure where a "reliable" testing station is, either around edenvale jhb or equestria pta. Way back I drove out of gauteng to do my driving license.

I'll probably do the test on my current 690 duke, as it is quite light, nimble, and I'm used to it!
Any advice on which testing stations to keep an eye on for online booking slots?

Just got the front tyre replaced, and the guys at Trac-Mac P/island are actually rather pretty awesome RE service and attention to detail.

They were also kind enough to take of another R300.00 as a little additional discount, so win win.

It feels a little strange now with the new front tyre fitted, but in a good way....will have to keep it on the low down for the next 100km so she can scrub in. My math tells me it was 20km home today + 75km to Stellies tomorrow, and on the way back I can start pushing the tyre a little more for the trip back home.

18 hours ago, Dirkitech said:

Hi fellow bike riders :)

I've been doing the learner's roulette for the past few years because I couldn't get a license booking for the most part. Reckon I'd like to get the test done now, but not sure where a "reliable" testing station is, either around edenvale jhb or equestria pta. Way back I drove out of gauteng to do my driving license.

I'll probably do the test on my current 690 duke, as it is quite light, nimble, and I'm used to it!
Any advice on which testing stations to keep an eye on for online booking slots?

Hey man, drop me a PM and I can share the contact for a lady who helped my wife.
I taught her to ride, which you obviously can, the lady gave her like 2 or 3 lessons. She then provides the bike to pass out on and obviously is able to help grease the wheels to get things going a bit smoother. She is based in Kempton Park.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:13 AM, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Hey man, drop me a PM and I can share the contact for a lady who helped my wife.
I taught her to ride, which you obviously can, the lady gave her like 2 or 3 lessons. She then provides the bike to pass out on and obviously is able to help grease the wheels to get things going a bit smoother. She is based in Kempton Park.

This is a good plan. Years ago when I did my test I did it on my Yammie FZR1000. Was bit of a challenge on the large machine doing the whole stopping, turning thing in the small yard, while having to indicate, look behind etc…..as per the syllabus!

21 hours ago, Spokey said:

This is a good plan. Years ago when I did my test I did it on my Yammie FZR1000. Was bit of a challenge on the large machine doing the whole stopping, turning thing in the small yard, while having to indicate, look behind etc…..as per the syllabus!

I passed out on my Tiger 800. It was not a hinderance but I have many years of riding behind me and in the practices I could see it was not an issue.
A smaller bike just removes any doubt.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

DID THEY EVEN MAKE MOTORBIKES SO LONG AGO!

Was about to chirp you .... then realised I got my 50cc license 38 years ago ... big bike license was done 36 years ago on a Suzuki with those huge chrome crash bars ... you had to go WIDE for those bars to clear the cones, talk about making it difficult for yourself.