Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So probably my last update of the year - the guy who does my chroming has closed for the year so the exhaust, footpegs and brake cant get done.  My painter is sick, so the tank won't get done for a few more weeks, and the guy who does my upholstery is crazy busy so he can only help reshape and cover the seat next year - And i need the tank on for that anyway.  Oh well, it's taken a year so one more month isn't going to make that much difference - pity though, was looking forward to a bit of December riding.  Will have to drag out the 200R.....

post-15215-0-11115800-1512568171_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-76791000-1512568191_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andymann

Not sure why everything is upside down now....... :blink:

Everything is a bit upside down this time of the year!!!!

Looking good, can't wait to see the end product.....

Me too dammit - I was really hoping to have it done by December - to give it a bit of a shakedown.  One of my mates father was the first guy to win the bike division of the Roof of Africa back when bikes were first allowed and he is busy restoring the CL350 Honda his dad won it on.  He has this crazy idea of taking the Honda back up Sani Pass one last time, and he has challenged me to join him on the Velocette.....

I sense a race brewing......

Me too dammit - I was really hoping to have it done by December - to give it a bit of a shakedown.  One of my mates father was the first guy to win the bike division of the Roof of Africa back when bikes were first allowed and he is busy restoring the CL350 Honda his dad won it on.  He has this crazy idea of taking the Honda back up Sani Pass one last time, and he has challenged me to join him on the Velocette.....

I sense a race brewing......

There are two of you... You meet all the criteria  :thumbup:

I am loving these new retro bikes.

The new Z900 coming next year is looking sweeeeet!!!!!

If you read the tests so far on Visordown and Morebikes, the guys reckon that Z900 is brilliant.

They say Kawasaki have got it spot on because the Z900 is a modern interpretation of a flagship Kawasaki model - They reckon that while both the R90T and the Triumph Thruxton are great Retro bikes, they are not a representation of a defining model built back when, so there isn't a sentimental attachment.  They reckon that if Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki were really serious about the retro market they would do a similar thing with the CB750/900 or CBX, the XS1100 (not so sure about that!) and the Katana......

Talking about 80's bikes, a really mint Katana stopped next to me at a traffic light on Durbanville road this morning. As it is one of those "weekend" robots, I had ample time to glance it over      (I was on my trusty pedal cycle)

That thing was mint, and one of the "limited edition" bikes with the wire wheels,  flatslide carbs ,wholly black seat and Moriwaki exhaust.

There were only a few of them released locally, so that was a rare sighting.

Oke musty have felt uneasy with this lycra clad older dude, ogling his bike. He gave it a bit of stick when he pulled away, and man o man, I was back in the 80's. 

If you read the tests so far on Visordown and Morebikes, the guys reckon that Z900 is brilliant.

They say Kawasaki have got it spot on because the Z900 is a modern interpretation of a flagship Kawasaki model - They reckon that while both the R90T and the Triumph Thruxton are great Retro bikes, they are not a representation of a defining model built back when, so there isn't a sentimental attachment.  They reckon that if Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki were really serious about the retro market they would do a similar thing with the CB750/900 or CBX, the XS1100 (not so sure about that!) and the Katana......

Fully agree, a modern CBX 6 cylinder would be epic.

Read a Bike SA article from 3 or 4 months back where they reviewed a race CBX, fitted with modern suspension, bit of engine work, etc. Man it looked mean, nicknamed The Beast!!!

Would love to buy an older CBX and mod it but too much on my plate and not even space, time or cash:(

Saw a clean looking CBX-B a while ago. Now that bike has been om my wanted list since I first saw one when they were released. Hen's teeth these days.