Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

my dad has one. Heaviest clutch I have ever felt but a thrill to ride. (Not the easiest, but a thrill).

Also....try kick starting it....liable to take your leg off!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad has one. Heaviest clutch I have ever felt but a thrill to ride. (Not the easiest, but a thrill).

Also....try kick starting it....liable to take your leg off!

Lol

I grew up on kick starters.There's a knack to it.Always go through with it

watching that back wheel spin gives you an appreciation for the electronics in your big adv bikes

Haha - it's one of my mates out Cullinan way.  Been pestering him for ages but he insists that he's going to repair it one day. He never will so I keep on chipping away from time to time.  He's also got a partially dismantled BWhiz - but he's hanging on to both like his life depends on it.

I had the same with my Brother In Law who had an accident damaged Yammie FZR1000 Exup. Been on his case for years about it, but he did not budge. Always said he was going to get it going again.

He then became very sick with Diabetes and had to get someone to take over the running of his Engineering shop (he was a Tool and Die maker by trade). After his passing, my sis said I could get the bike. Alas, when we got to the shop barely the frame was there, all other use able parts was gone. Up to this day no one knows where it went, we can only surmise that he sent the other parts in for repairs/painting without telling my sis or anyone else. Up to date, it is still M.I.A.  

My dad went to go and assess a few bikes a few months back for a deceased estate - he said it was such an incredible reminder how short life is - the guy was busy cutting a gasket for the bike he was building, his wife called him in for lunch and after lunch he had a lie down and never woke up.  Just as he had left everything on the bench for after lunch, so it was still lying there.  And it was a stunning bike he was building - about 95% done.

My dad went to go and assess a few bikes a few months back for a deceased estate - he said it was such an incredible reminder how short life is - the guy was busy cutting a gasket for the bike he was building, his wife called him in for lunch and after lunch he had a lie down and never woke up.  Just as he had left everything on the bench for after lunch, so it was still lying there.  And it was a stunning bike he was building - about 95% done.

not a bad way to go..