Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

I still like the idea of a cruiser ... may just take a walk down to the HD dealership again and kick some tyres. Last time I was there the sales guy was so pushy that I did not get a chance to just look around.

Personally, I don't mind the sportster range, especially when a little blacked out with minimal, if any chrome ..... and if I bought one and they offered me a HD jacket with it for free I would have to politely decline the gracious offer, not into "branding"

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They only came in for a year or two in limited numbers.  There are a few secondhand ones around - I can ask a few questions if you want - but probably around R85k used now

Thanks, no questions required for now!  :thumbup:

They only came in for a year or two in limited numbers.  There are a few secondhand ones around - I can ask a few questions if you want - but probably around R85k used now

Don't forget about this (the Yamaha still runs deep in this one!) - was especially built to take on the 883 Sportster.  You won't have the Harley image, but its still a bloody nice bike.

http://www.billysbikes.co.za/tests/383-nut-or-bolt.html

https://www.wheels24.co.za/News/We-ride-Yamaha-XVS950-Bolt-20140526

I am a Yammie man through and through BUT I saw one of these the other day and it really was quite nice, if you are into that whole blow-drying your vagina with a cruiser thing........

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2018-Vulcan-900-Custom

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I saw one of these the other day and it really was quite nice, if you are into that whole blow-drying your vagina with a cruiser thing........

:w00t: :clap: :lol:

That's the one I would have recommended. Not sure if I would ride it even middle-distance rides though. Even CT to Franschoek may be a push imo.

Edit: Hairy, are you clear on what kind of riding you want to do?

Edited by sawystertrance

That's the one I would have recommended. Not sure if I would ride it even middle-distance rides though. Even CT to Franschoek may be a push imo.

^^This

As with MTB's there is no single do it all tool....

I am clearly and perfectly clueless!