Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

The 3MA was a little different. Slightly smoother fairings and had the two pipes under the seat like the RZ500. 3MA didn’t have side mounted pipes like 3XV.

I would go out on a limb and say that for its day, the 3MA was a better bike than any of the later TZRs

It was very different in that it was all backwards. Barrels turned around with airbox right in front then carbs, reversed barrels and pipes running straight out the back.

They hauled a.s.s!!!!!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, it was the one with the spammies exiting under the seat, ala RZ500. Spray job was a lot similar to the one in the op's post

And correct again, that thing hauled ass. .

did you ever see the episode on Jay Lano's garage where a student took a single cylinder RE and created a twin?

Take my money.... 

did you ever see the episode on Jay Lano's garage where a student took a single cylinder RE and created a twin?

Proper old school fabrication and custom builds is such a beautiful thing.

Even if you don't like the look, its such an art you just have to appreciate it.

Correct, it was the one with the spammies exiting under the seat, ala RZ500. Spray job was a lot similar to the one in the op's post

And correct again, that thing hauled ass. .

Didn't you say you wanted to stick a 350 YPVS motor into an R3 chassis....

So here's an idea.  And it's only R4500....

Bet I've got you thinking now....

post-15215-0-10271700-1542031383_thumb.jpg

Didn't you say you wanted to stick a 350 YPVS motor into an R3 chassis....

So here's an idea. And it's only R4500....

Bet I've got you thinking now....

Have you guys seen that guy who stuck a RZ500 motor in a RS250 frame?

I preferred the wonky eye of the prev gen...

This is a machine of great beauty to my eye! However, as useful as a chocolate tea pot to me............for the dirt roads in my area!!!

Edit..(Change the exhaust though)

Edited by Spokey

Okay. Question time. I've been strongly considering a moto for a looong time, and I think next year is the time to get one. Finally. 

My budget won't be large, and will probably extend to about 30/40k with luck. I have a very strong hankering for something simple, so a single cylinder thumper would probably be my best bet. I'm also considering going for one of the old favourites. These are what I'm looking at.  

XT500

XR500/550/650

DRZ400

I have ridden extensively in the past, and am decent with my hands and engines, until it gets very electronic. 

I'd LOVE a superduke 690, but my budget (sadly) won't extend that far. Anyone with tips / ideas / advice? Are the old singles still considered to have good availability of spares, or is it a case of wellyourefucked if you pop a big end / rod / valve? 

Okay. Question time. I've been strongly considering a moto for a looong time, and I think next year is the time to get one. Finally.

My budget won't be large, and will probably extend to about 30/40k with luck. I have a very strong hankering for something simple, so a single cylinder thumper would probably be my best bet. I'm also considering going for one of the old favourites. These are what I'm looking at.

XT500

XR500/550/650

DRZ400

I have ridden extensively in the past, and am decent with my hands and engines, until it gets very electronic.

I'd LOVE a superduke 690, but my budget (sadly) won't extend that far. Anyone with tips / ideas / advice? Are the old singles still considered to have good availability of spares, or is it a case of wellyourefucked if you pop a big end / rod / valve?

With an internet connection anything is a few days away. From that list, I would get the pig. XR650s are a dime a dozen. Air cooled and simple. Loads of aftermarket stuff available. Not going to light up the night sky, teasonably good offroad if you aren't planning any wide open tech stuff AND would be a fun commuter with a set of motard rims on.

OR....

A KTM 525EXC. Nice light adventure tourer. Do a search and see. Might be touch and go with the budget though.

Good luck!

Edited by Grebel