Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

My old man sold his immaculate one about 6 years ago for R80k

Many regrets now.

Damn!!! They tend to change hands at around the R250k mark. If you can even find one.

Know of one standing in an old ladies garage in the Cape. Has 4500KM on it, she wont sell as it has sentimental value apparently........

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping that some of you might be able to help.

Looking for the following:

Aprillia RS250 Mk1 swing arm and shock

Aprillia RS250 Mk2 front mag

Making some inquiries for a friend.

Thanks in advance

As mentioned previously I’m not very knowledgeable on motorbikes. Had coffee with a mate at the Yamaha building and spotted this. What do you guys think? Would this make a decent daily commuter? Not too much for a newbie to handle?

post-105680-0-34209500-1542630994_thumb.jpg

Commuting on an R1 will be like commuting on a Dimond or a P5x TT Bike.  It's doable, but eventually you are going to realise they weren't designed for that!

I hope you know I was joking right?

I'd be 0 - DEAD in about 2.5 seconds on that thing. Crikey.

Surprisingly, there were a few guys back then who insisted they wanted R's to commute on.  In the end we actually recommended the R1 over the R6 - purely because the R6 has a taller first gear so if you are not concentrating you end up stalling it.  But yea, if you like boiled nuts, and aching wrists, commute on a superbike.....

As mentioned previously I’m not very knowledgeable on motorbikes. Had coffee with a mate at the Yamaha building and spotted this. What do you guys think? Would this make a decent daily commuter? Not too much for a newbie to handle?

Had a friend who did this for about 3 months. Realized that he is always in 1st and 2nd. 

Went back to using is I20 because it was more fuel efficient. 

Have another friend want to sell his blue ZX9 C2. 

Not sure off all the specs, but he wants 35000. Let me know if I can sent someone his details. 

Surprisingly, there were a few guys back then who insisted they wanted R's to commute on.  In the end we actually recommended the R1 over the R6 - purely because the R6 has a taller first gear so if you are not concentrating you end up stalling it.  But yea, if you like boiled nuts, and aching wrists, commute on a superbike.....

On my commute to work, I see a guy on an R1 (Blue and white with a set of Two Brothers carbon cans on). Rain, sunshine, hail... doesn't matter. Not even a rain suit when it's wet. Hardcore m'f'er...

Do it...

Please make sure your Will is updated. 

I hope you know I was joking right?

I'd be 0 - DEAD in about 2.5 seconds on that thing. Crikey.

I think everyone missed my follow up post... I was at Yamaha to ogle audio equipment, not motorbikes. :clap:

Starting a new job in December , the commute is around 80 miles a day and I am seriously looking at these 3 wheeler scooters like the Piaggio MP3 and the Peugeot Metropolis...not popular here in UK but I see them all over the continent.... they expensive and that's the stumbling block right now....

Starting a new job in December , the commute is around 80 miles a day and I am seriously looking at these 3 wheeler scooters like the Piaggio MP3 and the Peugeot Metropolis...not popular here in UK but I see them all over the continent.... they expensive and that's the stumbling block right now....

WHY!? They're horrid...