Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody seen this site? Seems to me to be the perfect blend for us cyclists of motorbike and bicycle. OK, maybe not.

And, couldn't help it but thought of Hairy and his eclectic bike tastes when I saw it.  :)

http://soekoe.co.za/

I followed them on FB. some nice bikes. They had a "tour" a while back as well. 

Didn’t have any problems with my 390. Sold it with about 14000km on it and bought the SDR. Only 2000km but no problems

Hi Joe ... quick one on the 390 ... what sort of top speed were you getting and roughly how much do you weight?

Didn’t have any problems with my 390. Sold it with about 14000km on it and bought the SDR. Only 2000km but no problems

You have an SDR200......

Ooooooh

Another one of Yamaha's oddballs which never really took off, but now are quite sought after.  They took a whole bunch of parts out the parts bin, made a frame and stuck in the engine from the DT/WR200.

Never officially came to SA, but there are a few knocking around as grey imports.

And if you think the R1 was the first Yamaha R1 you would be mistaken.  Google R1-Z for another oddball classic

For Hairy..

1981 BMW R100 that has been modified / customised into a "cafe racer" - my client bought it 5 years ago on a whim and paid R50 000 for it 

2 years ago it started smoking and leaking oil and the engine was rebuilt by Mo (old guy who works from  home in Grassy Park Cape Town - he worked for Atlantic Motorrad forever until his retirement) - the engine rebuild is a proper quality job and the bike has done less than a 1 000 km since.

It starts first time, settles into idle easily and rides well

All paperwork and license is in order 

I have it advertised on Gumtree for R45 000 but am open to offers - if you are interested please come and have a look and we can talk 

The bike is with me in Lakeside in Cape Town 

Justin 082 520 1762

post-43622-0-10551900-1551354504_thumb.jpg

post-43622-0-25897600-1551354516_thumb.jpg

post-43622-0-44525900-1551354525_thumb.jpg

For Hairy..

1981 BMW R100 that has been modified / customised into a "cafe racer" - my client bought it 5 years ago on a whim and paid R50 000 for it

2 years ago it started smoking and leaking oil and the engine was rebuilt by Mo (old guy who works from home in Grassy Park Cape Town - he worked for Atlantic Motorrad forever until his retirement) - the engine rebuild is a proper quality job and the bike has done less than a 1 000 km since.

I have it advertised on Gumtree for R45 000 but am open to offers - if you are interested please come and have a look and we can talk

Justin 082 520 1762

attachicon.gifIMG_4462.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4460.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4459.JPG

Like some of the other Dogs mentioned, a nice base to do your own custom thing from.

Funny that ... I was also at BMW motorad over lunchtime .... 

When I first joined this thread, one of the critical factors to buying a bike again would have hinged on a particular career path .... the last two days too two steps closer to this path, now just hoping that I can get to the end of the path and sit down in the sun with a fantastic beer!

For Hairy..

2 years ago it started smoking and leaking oil and the engine was rebuilt by Mo (old guy who works from  home in Grassy Park Cape Town - he worked for Atlantic Motorrad forever until his retirement) - the engine rebuild is a proper quality job and the bike has done less than a 1 000 km since.

Justin 082 520 1762

attachicon.gifIMG_4462.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4460.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4459.JPG

Took a look in my neighbours garage the other day ... two x harleys, 2 x R80's ... one in great origional condition and the other a nearly completed really good looking cafe racer conversion (Just the seat needs to be manufactured still)

The R80's look good.

My Dad had an R80 that he used to commute on. Good memories riding to school on the back.

At one point a pack of smokes held more value than they did. Then some bloke chopped one up and turned it into a thing called a Cafe Racer.....

Hairy,

A mate of mine is in a quandary similar to yours. He took his GS in to Donford for a service and they lent him a new 1250 as a loaner until his service is finished. Now he wants one, of course, and has to start the process of negotiations with the Boss at home...

Hi Joe ... quick one on the 390 ... what sort of top speed were you getting and roughly how much do you weight?

I weigh 95kg. Could easily get to 145 then you had to be patient