Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Sam out  :thumbdown:  :cursing: , 5 broken vertebrae and shoulder blade. 

Not good to hear. And I see those Honda's are giving the Kato's a run for their money. I know it's still early days, but will this year be the end to Orange Austrians winning streak?

(FYI, as a Husky fan, I will count a Husky win from Pablo as an end to that streak, even though the Husky is essentially a KTM :ph34r: )

On the Saffer front, I see the Saffer ladies (Kirsten and Taye) are doing pretty darn well!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually had her riding a KTM on day one of live tracking, day 2 they changed it. 

haha a quick switch of the plastics!

She'll be a good brand ambassador for Gas Gas. Not only has she raced with them before, but she's also one of their countrymen.

I see that Taddy Blazusiak too will be on Gas Gas this year.

haha a quick switch of the plastics!

She'll be a good brand ambassador for Gas Gas. Not only has she raced with them before, but she's also one of their countrymen.

I see that Taddy Blazusiak too will be on Gas Gas this year.

As is Glen Coldenhoff. 

RIP Paulo Goncalves..... 

Very very sad; brings Elmer Symons and quite a few other really good guys to mind.

RIP Paulo Goncalves..... 

Tragic news. I still remember that terrible crash he had in 2016 and when his bike set on fire in 2014.

He didn't have it easy but at 13 Dakars he was a dedicated and determined competitor who never shied away from the challenge.

Dakar lost one of its legends.

Edited by patches

I need to put an extra front light on my 1935 Velocette so that it passes scrutineering for the DJ Rally next month.  Most of the guys just put on MTB lights because the old bikes are all 6v and their charging systems are sketchy at best!

Any recommendations for a decent light out there - I had a Lezyne which was great, but the batteries failed and you cannot get replacements so I had to scrap it which was pretty disappointing.

I need to put an extra front light on my 1935 Velocette so that it passes scrutineering for the DJ Rally next month.  Most of the guys just put on MTB lights because the old bikes are all 6v and their charging systems are sketchy at best!

Any recommendations for a decent light out there - I had a Lezyne which was great, but the batteries failed and you cannot get replacements so I had to scrap it which was pretty disappointing.

I have always had good luck with the stuff from extreme lights, they a site sponsor and really stand by their products

On my commute yesterday morning, a chap came past me on a 350YPVS with some spannies on it. (White and blue custom sprayjob)

Boy, did it sound so good when he gave it a bit of beans from the traffic light, with the sweet scent of 2stroke wafting behind him. Man, was I jealous of him. 

post-52292-0-07012000-1578986852_thumb.jpeg

This little machine is managing to put a silly grin on my face at every outing. Acceleration is awesome as is the drive out of the corners on Outeniqua pass. Frankly the sound reverberating off the rocks from the Yoshi system means that steady 4th gear over the Pass is awesome......no need to cane it as much as some of the super bike fellows. Solid on the Angel ST’s too, easy to use all the rubber you paid for!

I have fitted Pro Taper Low Risers (lower than stock) with shorty levers but find the bars need a slightly increased sweep back at the grips. I guess they are MX bars after all!!!

Next mod will be suspension, or brakes. Hagon springs up front and full Hagon or Nitron (subject to budget) rear shocks and Brembo calipers and discs.

Tis a keeper.

attachicon.gif91F7CD56-6AC1-4F54-BA3D-6CD0077E08C6.jpeg

This little machine is managing to put a silly grin on my face at every outing. Acceleration is awesome as is the drive out of the corners on Outeniqua pass. Frankly the sound reverberating off the rocks from the Yoshi system means that steady 4th gear over the Pass is awesome......no need to cane it as much as some of the super bike fellows. Solid on the Angel ST’s too, easy to use all the rubber you paid for!

I have fitted Pro Taper Low Risers (lower than stock) with shorty levers but find the bars need a slightly increased sweep back at the grips. I guess they are MX bars after all!!!

Next mod will be suspension, or brakes. Hagon springs up front and full Hagon or Nitron (subject to budget) rear shocks and Brembo calipers and discs.

Tis a keeper.

All the mags and articles I read of late are talking about buyers wanting bikes which are simple and back to basics.  The Millenials aren't interested in biking and the guys who are, don't want crazy superbikes anymore.  There's a reason why the Z900 and new Katana are so popular.  If I hadn't bought the TRX I would have been shopping around for a good XJR1300

what do you guys think of fitting used track tyres for everyday use? 

I am not convinced that it is safe. 

I used to get track tyres from a mate who raced and was sponsored. Never had a problem and looked like a king on the breakfast runs.

They literally had very few km's on em although thrashed on the edges and they were good for road use.