Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

14 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Sure. But what does a 4 wheel equivalent cost. What does a street legal track focused Porsche cost? 4 million?

I dont disagree with you, just shocked at the pricing. But then on the other hand the equivalent bicycle is setting you back close to  300k it makes the 'Blade look like a bargain.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

I have never ridden a bike with "knobblies" before .... how does it handle on tar, and especially in the turns and braking?

It is noisy, handling is entertaining! In the wet one has to be particularly cautious. It really is a different cornering style altogether. I am a great believer in learning to ride dirt bikes and getting used to how the bike moves around. Personally I think it helped  me in the early days of Sportsbike riding if the bike was moving around a bit on bumpy roads. 

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

That's hot.

I love middleweight sports bikes. I kinda wish Honda would remake the RVF. That sweet singing little V4 in a modern chassis with modern brakes and Geo. With the single sided swing arm of course. And in Cabin Honda colors. Fans of Rossi (The honda years will know what I'm talking about)

If that became a reality I'd buy one.

Got to agree with you there.  I had a VFR back in the day which I loved and I've often toyed with the idea of getting another one because it just brought me so much joy.  It really taught me how to ride a bike well.  Very forgiving, not enough power to get into trouble and could hold a line really well.  

Don't have any photos of it that I can find besides this one where I was taking it to a track day at Killarney.  It had so little top end speed that I barely slowed down for the corners :lol:   It was all about holding onto all of the momentum.  

1909585_75467600638_7972396_n.jpg

Guy i know had a West VFR back in the day.  These bikes were real marvels of engineering and working on them with caucasian sized hands was always a mission. But what rewarding little bikes. 

My brother had a CBR400 and it went well. Had loads of fun on it.

7 hours ago, Hairy said:

I have never ridden a bike with "knobblies" before .... how does it handle on tar, and especially in the turns and braking?

I think between this and the issues you've been having it's time to get a n+1 ADV bike.

4 hours ago, dirtypot said:

Got to agree with you there.  I had a VFR back in the day which I loved and I've often toyed with the idea of getting another one because it just brought me so much joy.  It really taught me how to ride a bike well.  Very forgiving, not enough power to get into trouble and could hold a line really well.  

Don't have any photos of it that I can find besides this one where I was taking it to a track day at Killarney.  It had so little top end speed that I barely slowed down for the corners :lol:   It was all about holding onto all of the momentum.  

1909585_75467600638_7972396_n.jpg

Was it at least faster than a Harley :P ?

43 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

835239319_WhatsAppImage2021-10-20at08_47_54.jpeg.dafe1c22e654f2a2529752ec836ffff2.jpeg

How else do you think the world spins around it's axis .... Harley Torque makes the world go around!

image.png.7e0f5897bbb0a6644320e87dd9615096.png

1 minute ago, GhostSixFour said:

I love these. Probably my next bike.. This or 1200GS, will see what the future holds.

I really love the bigger GS bikes, sadly I don't think I'll be able to manage it with my 60kg body. That being said, the Urban GS is also not a light bike but much lower, so should be easier to handle.

The GS would be miles ahead in comfort and for long traveling.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Andrew_Smith said:

I really love the bigger GS bikes, sadly I don't think I'll be able to manage it with my 60kg body. That being said, the Urban GS is also not a light bike but much lower, so should be easier to handle.

The GS would be miles ahead in comfort and for long traveling.

spacer.png

I know someone that weighs around 70KG riding a GSA behemoth. The thing is with these GS's, they don't fall over flat, so you're able to pick them up. :)

Daai girl mag maar ry.

Saw a few videos of her already, mind blowing - the way she handles that bike is incredible!

So basically what you are saying I must stop with my excuses haha. When I have my full bike license I wouldn't mind test riding one.

9 minutes ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Daai girl mag maar ry.

Saw a few videos of her already, mind blowing - the way she handles that bike is incredible!

So basically what you are saying I must stop with my excuses haha. When I have my full bike license I wouldn't mind test riding one.

Yeah, something like that.

You're a new rider still? I get that, makes these big bikes scary. Go for some basic training. I'd recommend doing an off-road course - I learned more there than on my beginner road course. They teach you how to pick it up, how to balance and all that. Will make you a much more confident rider even on the road. And, at least for the ADA one I did, you don't even need off road tires or the like.