Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

3 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

There you go Hairy, I see your taste is improving greatly! We had a look at her when I serviced my G450X - very fancy.

Check out this website: https://www.joelsmotorcycles.co.za/

The owner is an ex-BMW sales manager with 19-years experience behind his name. Primarily focus on BMW bikes and with a few other brands for time-to-time. Low mileage bikes with good pricing.

I was only at the dealer to swing a leg over these 
R nineT Urban G/S | BMW Motorrad

BMW R nineT Scrambler - Expert BMW RNinet Bike Reviews - AutoTrader

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitted the windscreen I got from @Grease_Monkey again, moved it up a little higher and took her for a test to Melkbos and back. I can now ride with the visor open at "a little over the speed limit" at times. Still getting a bit of dirty air on the helmet, but I have McGyver to try out on it and see how it rolls.

Flip it is awesome to just get out for a quick spin between the rainy spells along the coastal road.

Side Note, had a client meeting out in Claremont on Saturday and went via the M3 past UCT. My return loop was the same way, but I went all the way to town. That road has a great feel to it on the bike ..... going to have to do a loop around the mountain along the coast soon, leave home in the early morning to beat traffic ...... it should be a great ride out. 

On 10/26/2021 at 4:28 AM, sawystertrance said:

Spokey, Are you over in Kuwait now? If so, why don't you hire one for a day or so to give yourself a feel for it. 

Sorry for the late response, been very busy around Saudi and are now in the US. Yes, would be a good idea to try and rent one at some point. I like that it is reasonably similar to my KLR in size but has around 60% more hp and 10% more torque and just a few kg’s heavier.

On 11/1/2021 at 7:20 AM, Hairy said:

I was only at the dealer to swing a leg over these 
R nineT Urban G/S | BMW Motorrad

BMW R nineT Scrambler - Expert BMW RNinet Bike Reviews - AutoTrader

I really like the colour scheme on the top one. That on the bike with wire wheels…………yes please!

16 minutes ago, Spokey said:

I really like the colour scheme on the top one. That on the bike with wire wheels…………yes please!

I am pretty sure the GS Urban (White bike) on the floor at the CT CBD dealership had the spoked wheels

44 minutes ago, Scalpel said:

Spoked wheels is an option on the Urban GS.

_data_cat_img_r_ninet_urban_gs_4_jpg_rw_900.jpg

Given this pic, BMW should just offer it as standard and then let others "down grade" to cast wheels if they so wish :P

The BMW spoked wheels are also Tubeless, so win win win

3 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Hairy,

Won't you have to buy yourself a pair of these?

Red Wing Heritage Work 6" Moc Toe Boot in Red for Men ...

will have to be FULL BMW kit ... the same as any Harley being a must to have FULL HD kit :P

2 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Given this pic, BMW should just offer it as standard and then let others "down grade" to cast wheels if they so wish :P

The BMW spoked wheels are also Tubeless, so win win win

And start rolling up my "designer" jeans
red wing heritage moc toe Shop Clothing & Shoes Online

I have bought a Harley belt and a few long sleeve t shirts. My wife gave me a set of Harley boots for Christmas. I have become a caricature and something I used to laugh at..

but damn this Harley stuff is very well made. Great quality and I feel less guilty drinking their coffee and eating their biscuits when I pop in there. ????

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

I have bought a Harley belt and a few long sleeve t shirts. My wife gave me a set of Harley boots for Christmas. I have become a caricature and something I used to laugh at..

but damn this Harley stuff is very well made. Great quality and I feel less guilty drinking their coffee and eating their biscuits when I pop in there. ????

I went in and bought a compression spring and saddle fastening screw totaling 70bucks!! So the free coffee and cookies made the price feel okay ????

I started watching 46Works build thread on YouTube where he rebuilds a BMW R100RS into a Cafe Racer. The amount of custom parts he has fabricated for this rebuild is amazing . A really talented oke. Can weld, fabricate, spraypaint, machine, rebuild and also knows how to use an English Wheel!

Edited by Thug