Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

1 hour ago, RoddieJ said:

I went in and bought a compression spring and saddle fastening screw totaling 70bucks!! So the free coffee and cookies made the price feel okay ????

Did you get a fastening screw you can undo by hand, or just the run of the mill ones?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Did you get a fastening screw you can undo by hand, or just the run of the mill ones?

No, I got the normal one. They were waiting on stock of the hand-screw jobbies.

So I figured, take the normal one and free coffee, then go back for the hand-screw jobbie and free coffee... ????????‍♂️

6 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

No, I got the normal one. They were waiting on stock of the hand-screw jobbies.

So I figured, take the normal one and free coffee, then go back for the hand-screw jobbie and free coffee... ????????‍♂️

YOU JUST MADE THAT SOUND DIRTY.

Been looking at the hand fastening options, but I think I am just going to convince my neighbour to turn me out a brass one on the lathe.

Just now, Hairy said:

YOU JUST MADE THAT SOUND DIRTY.

Been looking at the hand fastening options, but I think I am just going to convince my neighbour to turn me out a brass one on the lathe.

Hey ... I need to chat to my HD dealer ... bought some consumables from them and no free coffee in sight.

With my Harley I have never had to pay for a screw. 

That said 70 ront could be cheap depending on the quality of said screw. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

54 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

With my Harley I have never had to pay for a screw. 

That said 70 ront could be cheap depending on the quality of said screw. 

Therefore, we live and learn... ????

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

In that vein, see Harley’s effect 

so here is a question ... when you go looking at bikes at dealers do you ask to sit on the bikes first, or do you just go sit on them.

I always ask, just feels right.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

so here is a question ... when you go looking at bikes at dealers do you ask to sit on the bikes first, or do you just go sit on them.

I always ask, just feels right.

Good question. Unless there is a sign on it I will sit on bikes. But I very rarely do sit on show bikes. Think the only one I have ever sat on is the sportster S at my local Harley. 

2 hours ago, Stretched@Birth said:

One of my riding mates built a 2 smoker using an Aprillia frame and Yamaha engine, with a few other trick bits. Nice article here:

https://motoridersuniverse.com/news/1255087-this-aprilia-rs250-is-the-perfect-combo-of-lightweight-and-insane.html

I was reading yesterday about a locally made 2 stroke on the market for 34k..Langen or something like that..only 100 to be made.

wish I had the coin. I also keep my eye out for RS250s. One day one day. Nothing beats a 2 stroke. Love mine. 

https://langenmotorcycles.co.uk/

Edited by IceCreamMan

11 minutes ago, Hairy said:

would love to see how this guy would spec his bicycle :P

He has a few, including a Nicolai with an internal Pinion Gearbox....