Post race therapies and treatment - whats good and no good?

Can anyone help me with suggestions of what is needed after riding a big race from your own experience?

E.g should you get a deep treatment massage right after, apply anti inflammatory gels (if so which ones are being used currently, that actually work) etc. Pain killers etc. Ice.

Any advice is appreciated?

Thanks

Why do you ask? What symptoms are you experiencing? It can be that you are just not fuelling correctly...

http://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/25656761/disp/07a821c6b81a3295411b28b808863dd8.jpg

i am waiting for "my little pony" to slide down that rainbow

i am waiting for "my little pony" to slide down that rainbow

No sliding, just drinking! Edited by Mntboy

http://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/25656761/disp/07a821c6b81a3295411b28b808863dd8.jpg

Where's the Vanilla flavour Stumpie?my favorite!

More seriously, is this after a one day long ride, a stage racing event, or just a result of overtraining? there are different approaches to different views. Also you have to look at your condition, have you been training regularly, or is this the result of too much in one go. There is no silver bullet although beer helps!!!

Be careful of massages, especially if you are not used to them. A deep massage can hurt you more than the ride. So if not used to, just have a light massage.

Drink chocolate milk.