Critérium du Dauphiné 2014

Joe!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[/

Well done DSTV. You've done it again. Go to another MTN advert before Froome goes across the line. WTF!!!!

Nice to see that they have improved their service and learnt from the last fiasco?

I don't remember when an advertising campaign generated such visceral anger in me as this MTN coffee advert has now done. Supersport, and MTNs advertising and media people need to take stock of what this is doing to the MTN brand in the cycling community. Really, something must be done, and now. Monday morning meeting, please people.

Remember last year's MTN advert, "Win and witness greatness in Milan..." we first saw it at the Giro, but then the whole way through the TDF. And then we had to grit our teeth as it played all the way through the Vuelta as well.

I will not be able to handle that with this blerrie coffee advert this year. MTN, you still have time to recover from this if you make some hard decisions tomorrow. You still have time to prevent making a lifelong enemy of me.

Edited by tombeej

I don't remember when an advertising campaign generated such visceral anger in me as this MTN coffee advert has now done. Supersport, and MTNs advertising and media people need to take stock of what this is doing to the MTN brand in the cycling community. Really, something must be done, and now. Monday morning meeting, please people.

Remember last year's MTN advert, "Win and witness greatness in Milan..." we first saw it at the Giro, but then the whole way through the TDF. And then we had to grit our teeth as it played all the way through the Vuelta as well.

I will not be able to handle that with this blerrie coffee advert this year. MTN, you still have time to recover from this if you make some hard decisions tomorrow. You still have time to prevent making a lifelong enemy of me.

Methinks the South African cycling community is only a very small demographic of MTN's customer base. Just saying.

Not much to really measure form over 10.4 km, although Froome clearly made an 8 sec statement.

The top 10 is pretty tight,

Missed Valverde in the mix as he chose an alternative racing calendar.

Methinks the South African cycling community is only a very small demographic of MTN's customer base. Just saying.

No doubt small in number. But certainly not small in influence and buying power.

Cycling is one of their key sports re. their sports marketing budget. Besides the high average disposable income of cyclists, who also represent a significant percentage of mid- and senior-managers in the corporate sector (and therefore have a big influence in terms of where corporate cellular voice and data contracts will go - the real money spinner), let's not forget they have a pro cycling team, have invested heavily in the Qhubeka buffalo bicycle programme, spend big money in TV adverts that their media planners have placed in cycling shows on TV, etc, etc.

Edited by tombeej

Great showing by Daryl. 22nd in a strong filed takes some doing.

Getting straight into it today with a summit finish on stage 1! Should be a cracker! Today will already give a lot away in terms of who'll be wearing yellow in Paris next month.

Geez, 8s over 10km. That is massive....

Especially when Contador is saying he's had one of his best training seasons....

Looking forward to this one - traditionally the key build-up race to the TDF (the winner usually wins the Tour).

Looking forward to seeing some proper battles between this lot (just use your imagination and put a taller and younger BMC rider into the pic on the left...).

In the last 10 years, only Wiggins and Froome have won the Tour in the same year.

Criterium du Dauphine: Recent Winners

2013 Chris Froome (GBr) Sky

2012 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky

2011 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky

2010 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) RadioShack

2009 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d’Epargne

2008 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d’Epargne

2007 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Ag2r Prevoyance

2006 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner*

2005 Inigo Landaluze (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi

2004 Iban Mayo (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi