Critérium du Dauphiné 2014

Joe!

Been too busy to visit the Hub before.

Sky as usual in my opinion raced their usual negative tactics, Froome was not up to the task and so they were more intent on preventing 'Berto from winning than looking after their own interests in Froome. Disgraceful tactics.

As for Froome's crash,...well I dont believe its an issue, he looked pale and worn out after the first day and the attack, in my opinion he had one good attack in him and he used it up on the first day. Five riders went with so it wasnt that strong anyway.

Crash's happen, lets not forget ;Berto crashed at the 2013 TDF as well, twice, if memory serves me well, but did we ever hear from 'Berto the crash ruined my chances, No, did we ever hear from the media or the pundits that the crash could have been an issue in his race, No, all we heard was the usual verbose garbage of "He didnt have his steak", or "maybe he didnt get a blood bag", or "maybe he is just average without Bruneel and his doctors" and so on.

Well, how do you like them apples.!

Froome complains too much, I am not sure who issued the teams race orders but in my opinion SKY exhibited the worst kind of professional sportsmanship I have personally ever seen in a grand tour, they didn't race their own race, they did everything possible to keep 'Berto off the top step, thats not professional sportsmanship, but, never the less, even with the full SKY team and 'Berto on his own, they failed to isolated him, his own shabby team isolated him, he responded to everything they threw at him.

As you rightly say and I agree, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place, there was no way he could have got into the break and he had no team, so had to rely on the other teams to chase the break. He did what he could under the circumstances and attacked on the climbs to get away.

I'll put my cards down now, failing something catastrophic like a serious crash, or illness, or like, 'Berto will clean up at the TDF.

couldn't have said it any better

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Berto used the break as a carrot.

He didnt go to Dauphine to win, he went there to train, and if training hard meant winning the race, why not.

I think he can be satisfied with his performance. he showed some class.

Another to be said, it's not all of sudden hubbers are pro Contador and anti Froome/Sky.

The Froome/Sky crowd are just a bit quiet. Waiting or hoping he's on top of he's game for the TDF. And so are all of us...

Another to be said, it's not all of sudden hubbers are pro Contador and anti Froome/Sky.

The Froome/Sky crowd are just a bit quiet. Waiting or hoping he's on top of he's game for the TDF. And so are all of us...

I reckon he lost a few supporters at last year's tour when he moaned that Bertie attacked on that wet long downhill....racing is racing.

This didn't help either

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/27882004

What a great day of racing!

Quick question; did Saxo and Sky not realise that Talansky made it into the break until it was too late or did they just not care thinking that they'll catch thrm later.

I can't fathom how you would allow someone with only 39 seconds on you to get into a break, especially such a big break.

Like mentioned, the SS coverage started too late so we missed the actaul move.

Contador is looking like he's back to his old self. Pretty sure it was the fall that hurt Froome. The two of them were toe to toe on the first 3 days.

Shaping up to be an exciting Tour.

With all this Man Crushing going on for Contador , i will gladly stand by all my previous statements of the guy and still swim upstream when i say, i still don't like the guy. Not a massive fan of Froome and definitely don't like the Skyborg's and what they stand for. That being said, i do admire what AC did in the Criterium and i am looking forward to the TDF. Really hope for some surprises to come along.

With all this Man Crushing going on for Contador , i will gladly stand by all my previous statements of the guy and still swim upstream when i say, i still don't like the guy. Not a massive fan of Froome and definitely don't like the Skyborg's and what they stand for. That being said, i do admire what AC did in the Criterium and i am looking forward to the TDF. Really hope for some surprises to come along.

Replace Man Crushing, with Racing (Spirit) Loving!

See ya at 'Le Tour post-8906-1403077190,095.jpg

Look he is windgat...ol pistolere and all that jazz....but lets give credit where its due...he has chutzpah, never say day and even with a hondnaai team fancies himself. I like that attitude

I'm not really an AC fan (the doping cloud) but when I saw his spirit in the chase I had to admire it and it was exciting. Hopefully he didn't burn too much and will recover for the TdF. Sky, well I think they have a few problems; Froome, tired, sick and sore with inhaler and TUE gossip not helping. Wiggo, possibly grumpy, sick and sore after just a stage or two in Switzerland.

Will certainly make the TdF interesting.

I'm not really an AC fan (the doping cloud) but when I saw his spirit in the chase I had to admire it and it was exciting. Hopefully he didn't burn too much and will recover for the TdF. Sky, well I think they have a few problems; Froome, tired, sick and sore with inhaler and TUE gossip not helping. Wiggo, possibly grumpy, sick and sore after just a stage or two in Switzerland.

Will certainly make the TdF interesting.

Don't forget Wiggels was dropped from the SKY team for TDF... Or did i miss the update on this?

Stage 17 of the 2012 Vuelta...Nuff said.

Berto's comment post race: "I am not in my best moment but I had a really strong desire to win. Second place is fine but I was always going to try to win," Contador, who rides for Saxo Bank, said afterwards.

Got to love that, putting second place on the line to go after gold. Thats hard not to like.

Don't forget Wiggels was dropped from the SKY team for TDF... Or did i miss the update on this?

Essentially, yes. But Brailsford made it clear that he selects the squad and that the squad has not been finalised. Chances are slim at best though. He hasn't been on the same training camps that the probable Tour squad went to.

He just dropped himself out of the Suisse... Anyone's guess now but if he's not staying @ Sky next year I don't think you'll see him @ Le Tour.

He just dropped himself out of the Suisse... Anyone's guess now but if he's not staying @ Sky next year I don't think you'll see him @ Le Tour.

Not sure how good a move it is to leave Wiggo out the team right now. A month ago Froom looked like a sure thing, but right now I think having options and more importantly more help from a team perspective might not be a bad idea. Unless Wiggo has refused to ride for Froom. I know he wont go head to head against him, but why not ride for Froom, try go for a couple of stage wins, and might just come away with a top 5 anyway.. To proud?

He'll be back next Thurs for National TT Championships

Not sure how good a move it is to leave Wiggo out the team right now. A month ago Froom looked like a sure thing, but right now I think having options and more importantly more help from a team perspective might not be a bad idea. Unless Wiggo has refused to ride for Froom. I know he wont go head to head against him, but why not ride for Froom, try go for a couple of stage wins, and might just come away with a top 5 anyway.. To proud?

from what we've seen is Wiggels not a stronger(faster) TT'er than Froome. So thats 100% why not a sky 1 and 2, but still have a "main" or "head" of the team.

then again what do we know about running pro teams