Which bike light is best?

CJVDM

I've had my Ay Up for a couple of years with the Epic battery and have been more than happy with it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, thanks for all the posts, ive decided to go with new 6cell battery, which will be a lot better than my old 4cell and shud give me ample time in the saddle. Shud prob look for 2nd helmet mounted light as well.

Maybe you were just lucky. As stated, I couldn't find my invoice, but I know it was around a year.

Point is, had I bought the Ryder light, I could have taken it back any time and Omnico would have fixed or replaced it.

All this crowd did was tell me they couldn't find the invoice, so couldn't verify if it was a year or not ~ so much for SARS requirements of keeping these documents for 5 years ~ but anyway.

What really irritated me is that there was no form of compromise. Maybe they could have offered a repair or a replacement at a discounted price, anything that says they as a supplier want to keep their clients happy.

Right now, I'm an unhappy ex-customer, and I have no issue letting others know that.

I would like to ask the following question? Why did you not keep your invoice for the 5 year period that SARS requires?

I have bought a couple of lights from them 4 to be exact for me and some mates. we have had nothing but great service from these guys and everytime I dealt with them they were more than willing to help!

I am a happy Current Customer and also have no issue telling others that!

I would like to ask the following question? Why did you not keep your invoice for the 5 year period that SARS requires?

You clearly aren't an accountant, are you? The answer is simple: I'm a consumer, not a retailer.

I openly admit I should have kept the invoice for warranty purposes, but I am not obliged to do so by SARS. The retailer however is obliged to do so.

Anyway, I didn't make my original comment to get into a pissing contest with anyone, I was merely stating my opinion. It's different to yours ~ live with it.

try returning anything, at any shop without a proof of purchase....

On this point, the reason I referenced Omnico honouring their product warranties, is because I had a GoPro mount break, resulting in the camera taking a 60kph tumble down the road ~ Omnico replaced every single damaged component without an invoice. No questions asked.

Falco if you paid EFT or Credit card, you can request a bank statement for the month of the purchase taking place. that is good enough to serve as proof of purchase.

Falco if you paid EFT or Credit card, you can request a bank statement for the month of the purchase taking place. that is good enough to serve as proof of purchase.

Too late, I've already chucked the light away and moved on. Life's too short...

Have a look at Lupine.de

The lights are really top quality. I'm needing a new battery after 12 years now so I'll likely order one via their battery replacement scheme (send in the old one and you get a new one at a discount) and perhaps order a Piko as well.

I still have a few of my Nightlightning sets as well. When the batteris go I just head over to Hobbyking.com and order a new one. The NL's work on any 11.1V 3 cell Lipo to 18.5V 5Cell Lipo or any other Lithium battery pack inbetween.

For simple on the bar zero wiring packaging the USE Exposure lights are hard to beat for build quality. They also sorted out their connections a long time ago as the slipring they used would break contact under some conditions.

AFAIK Lupine discontinued the Tesla because it was copied by Magicshine hence I will never buy one of those. Its a bit like buying a fake Pinarello

AFAIK Lupine discontinued the Tesla because it was copied by Magicshine hence I will never buy one of those. Its a bit like buying a fake Pinarello

No it's not. buying a magicshine that says Tesla on it at 20% of the Lupine version price would be the same.

Fact is the market changed, all the advances have been in led and battery developments, which none of the bike manufacturers owned in the first place.

post-9913-1402481955,0632.jpg

My new 6cell battery arrived thanks to magic-shine. Cant wait to go nightriding again!!

Cost?

Supplier?

Rating?

Cost?

Supplier?

Rating?

Site - http://tri-cycles.co.za/product/accessories/

R700 for the battery, they did tell me the normal (older) 4 cell was available for R280 which i think is a good price but i opted for longer burning time.

Service from Michelle was excellent, she actually PMd me re this message.

Rating- will let u know, only received battery this morning so still need to test.

No it's not. buying a magicshine that says Tesla on it at 20% of the Lupine version price would be the same.

Fact is the market changed, all the advances have been in led and battery developments, which none of the bike manufacturers owned in the first place.

To a point, yes. But the problem is that the latest crop of lights are a bit like the 20 000 W PMPO sound systems that you get at Makro. Stack it up next to a 100 W system from a decent manufacturer and take your pick.

I know where my money would go...

To a point, yes. But the problem is that the latest crop of lights are a bit like the 20 000 W PMPO sound systems that you get at Makro. Stack it up next to a 100 W system from a decent manufacturer and take your pick. I know where my money would go...

The market may have changed (i.e. people don't want quality any longer just a quick fix) but that has not changed the fact that the cheap lights don't produce anywhere near the claimed light output.