Hit by a car again

Vetseun

Heal up soon. Doubt you will ever hear or see that chick again. When she sobered up she would probably have realized how much *** she wild be in if she went further with it. Maybe tell your mates to keep an eye out for the car with broken mirror and get it's details.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good. Sterkte.

Hope healing is quick.

Hope, as has been suggested, you have reported this.

As a few people have correctly said you NEED to report incident to saps asap. Make sure to include description of driver and passengers in your statement. She might well be dumb enough to try nail you for the damages to her car but lie entirely about what happened and if you didn't report incident she will be given benefit of the doubt (right or wrong that is how our legal system works)

Do go for physio because a haemotoma like that will not heal correctly on its own. You might think it has until a few years down the line you get permanent issues due to the scar tissue.

Glad you are not more seriously injured and hope the b1t6h is found and made to pay for hit and run as well as damages to you and your bike.

...mini action cam......who on the HUB has importer licence?

Maybe do a special for all HUBSTERS.....better than having nothing at all.

(Glimlag vir die oom........jou poef is geboek)

post-41755-0-00422500-1402299460_thumb.jpg

Bulk order from Alibaba......even cheaper

http://www.alibaba.c...1084162531.html

US $40-57/piece

(PS: Not to derail thread and turn discussion into import duties, quality, etc.)

Edited by BarHugger

Some of you may recall that myself, my son and a friend were involved in a hit and run incident a few months back.

Yesterday I was on a ride, riding on a path next to the road that has been created by mountain bikers using it.

At least 1,5 m from the tarmac.

Then I was on the bike then I was on the ground.

Got hit from behind by a car.

The lady driver claimed that she was looking for a place to pull off the road, she didn't see me because the sun was blinding her. This at 11h15 in the morning.

She became very abusive and claimed that I was irresponsible for riding at that time of the morning. She claimed that she would be contacting me for the repair cost of her vehicle. I noticed that the side view mirror of the car was broken off

So here I am lying in the road bleeding. I have a lady screaming at me. At that stage I thought that my leg was broken. Not her or her two male friends in the car with her made any effort to assist me. The two friends climbed out with Heinekens in the hand, so obviously they had been drinking.

I eventually managed to stand up and recover my bike. Totally disorientated, I gave her my telephone number and they got in the car an left.

I managed to contact my wife who came and collected me.

Lots of grazes and cuts and a very sore leg and shoulder. Had an x ray, nothing broken, just, as the doctor said, a tenderised leg muscle.

Bike has damage, Saddle is a write off. (Brand new GOBI). I will have the bike assed at my LBS tomorrow.

This has been the second time in six months that I have been hit by a car. I am really concerned that I may strike out at number 3. Many other cyclists have not survived one accident with a car.post-16512-0-13757000-1402246041_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-88864900-1402246083_thumb.jpg

eina wetter, hoop jy voel gou beter

Ek is gatvol vir hierdie tipe arrogante k@k bestuurders in Bloem! Hulle maak net soos hulle wil, en dan wil hulle jou aanvat vir hulle foute.

Ek ry meestal net in 7damme as ek kan, want as jy durf naby die paaie ry sal een of ander breinlose bestuurder dit regkry om jou raak te ry.

Ek is bly jy is OK, en en hoop jy kan daardie viswuif bietjie rook!

I have to say this last weekend out on a ride i was thinking to myself it seems like motorists are becoming more and more aggresive to cyclists on the road... Ive also had an incident or two on the road in the last couple of weeks.

First one a few weeks ago as I am coming up to a stop street, slow enough to unclip and check for cars a bakkie comes around the corner and an idot on the back stands up and throws a quartz beer bottle at me, luckily i saw him early enough and managed to duck and swerve a bit for it to miss me.

Then this last weekend from a good few kilometers back i see a truck overtaking another truck into oncoming traffic and leaving no shoulder for myself on the road, i started to wave my hands to make sure he had seen me at which point he flashes his lights and just keeps coming... eventually i realized he wasnt going to make it past the other truck in time and so i dive off the road into the gravel. At which pint both trucks come past me side by side doing well of the 60km/h speed limit.

Its becoming a matter of when it goes wrong rather than if and sometimes i wonder if its worth it.

...mini action cam......who on the HUB has importer licence?

Maybe do a special for all HUBSTERS.....better than having nothing at all.

(Glimlag vir die oom........jou poef is geboek)

post-41755-0-00422500-1402299460_thumb.jpg

Bulk order from Alibaba......even cheaper

http://www.alibaba.c...1084162531.html

US $40-57/piece

(PS: Not to derail thread and turn discussion into import duties, quality, etc.)

Seems that's the only way to go, want to start riding some road in the week but eish.....GoPro is starting to seem like a good investment.

Heal up soon Vetseun, glad you're semi ok at least. Maar die wiel draai, haar beurt kom. And please report it if you can.

Glad you are okay, Vetseun. While it may be difficult to lay a charge with the SAPS if you do not have a name or a vehicle registration number, it may still be worth the effort as there may be other charges pending against her. Drunk drivers tend to be repeat offenders.

A description of the vehicle or driver in other pending matters might help with identification. We would all be a lot safer if we can get people like her off the road.

Guest EdEdEd

Vetseun...

Just a thought... seeing as you were hit AGAIN...

Have you thought about the possibility that you might be to big a target... :whistling:

That bruise must be a hub record. There must be some sort of prize here for best bruise of the year award.

I agree, vetseun for bruises and Gen for stiches!! Edited by blondeonabike