Winner of the Photo of the Day, May 2014

Matt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt like Grebbs' picture. not enough colour for me

yip thats called your opinion, and we all have them, the difference adults should know we all entitled to them :thumbup:

Well done Grebs!

I personally don't think you should change how the voting is, other than to just verify that there aren't any fake accounts created solely for the purposes of winning. As far as what I see it, the sole purpose of this competition is to promote The Hub and GoPro, and the more people you can get involved the better. So going in the direction of a panel for voting will defeat the purpose.

Like all things in life, it doesn't count to just have talent, you need to work to get to the top. And those people that work to get to the top, end up getting there. You can take any competition that is running on any social media and the person that's the most popular wins, whether it being that they just have that many friends, or if they go out and promote themselves and trying to win.

Well done Grebs!

I personally don't think you should change how the voting is, other than to just verify that there aren't any fake accounts created solely for the purposes of winning. As far as what I see it, the sole purpose of this competition is to promote The Hub and GoPro, and the more people you can get involved the better. So going in the direction of a panel for voting will defeat the purpose.

Like all things in life, it doesn't count to just have talent, you need to work to get to the top. And those people that work to get to the top, end up getting there. You can take any competition that is running on any social media and the person that's the most popular wins, whether it being that they just have that many friends, or if they go out and promote themselves and trying to win.

much more diplomatic than the way i said it but AGREED

I didnt like Grebbs' picture. not enough colour for me

There we go, all sorted just for you.If you ask for pink you can do it yourself :whistling:

post-39984-0-81549700-1402386423_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brogue

There we go, all sorted just for you.If you ask for pink you can do it yourself :whistling:

post-39984-0-81549700-1402386423_thumb.jpg

if you post this next month, i will vote for it

Hilarious reading some peoples views on this - canvassing votes should result in disqualification? Hahaha...

Yes, let's give the good folk from GoPro as little "exposure" as possible. Sshhh, don't let anyone else know about the comp. In fact lets create some fake accounts to rack up some more votes without drawing any more attention to our kind sponsors.

Surely the more legit people who follow the comp the merrier? Surely people still can make up their minds as to what pictures they like? And if someone asked you to vote that you don't know, you can just vote for their opposition, or, god forbid - for the best pics!

In my personal opinion, Grebel's pic would not have been my first choice, but it did get one of my 3 votes.

At first glance I didn't think much of it, but it is definitely a picture that grows on you. There is a great sense of anticipation, the black and white sets a great mood and then that leads you to examine the image in greater depth. You start thinking of riding lines, how the berm is holding up to the racing, you even think of all the hard work and many days that goes into making such a great berm... then you hear the whistles, the cow bells - the blasting vuvu's. It's world cup time and Mr Minn is on his way! :clap:

My other two choices were Greg Minnaar on the rocks - a cracking example of professional sports photography! Pictures like that don't just happen!

And then Max the Weimaramer - man that photo makes me smile :thumbup:

A minimum post count of say 20, sounds reasonable for potential voters and should scare off would be cheats!

Thanks to GoPro for this awesome comp!* :thumbup:

*And please be sure to vote for my pic in the next month, should I actually submit one, should it actually be chosen and should it actually be worthy of your vote :whistling:

Well done Grebs!

Maybe the way forward is to have the photos submitted anonymously, and the ID of the poster only revealed after voting has closed?

Hilarious reading some peoples views on this - canvassing votes should result in disqualification? Hahaha...

Yes, let's give the good folk from GoPro as little "exposure" as possible. Sshhh, don't let anyone else know about the comp. In fact lets create some fake accounts to rack up some more votes without drawing any more attention to our kind sponsors.

Surely the more legit people who follow the comp the merrier? Surely people still can make up their minds as to what pictures they like? And if someone asked you to vote that you don't know, you can just vote for their opposition, or, god forbid - for the best pics!

In my personal opinion, Grebel's pic would not have been my first choice, but it did get one of my 3 votes.

At first glance I didn't think much of it, but it is definitely a picture that grows on you. There is a great sense of anticipation, the black and white sets a great mood and then that leads you to examine the image in greater depth. You start thinking of riding lines, how the berm is holding up to the racing, you even think of all the hard work and many days that goes into making such a great berm... then you hear the whistles, the cow bells - the blasting vuvu's. It's world cup time and Mr Minn is on his way! :clap:

My other two choices were Greg Minnaar on the rocks - a cracking example of professional sports photography! Pictures like that don't just happen!

And then Max the Weimaramer - man that photo makes me smile :thumbup:

A minimum post count of say 20, sounds reasonable for potential voters and should scare off would be cheats!

Thanks to GoPro for this awesome comp!* :thumbup:

*And please be sure to vote for my pic in the next month, should I actually submit one, should it actually be chosen and should it actually be worthy of your vote :whistling:

If you send me a set of your "club" kit I might swing you a vote!

If you send me a set of your "club" kit I might swing you a vote!

Me too please, I'm a bit low on kit at the moment. :thumbup: Jax and i will be good advertising!

seems like there's enough debate on it that not everyone's happy, sure some of it might just be sour grapes!!

Voting

Vote for your top 3 images by selecting them in the poll area above. You must choose 3 in order to submit the vote.

pity it's become a popularity contest requiring campaigning to win. I want to see brilliant photos winning. Suppose being a semi-pro doesn't even get you to the shortlist if you don't pitch in and motivate why yours is best!

gallery_1047_11_431032.jpg

ps. but in general the photos have been cool, even if the 'best' one doesn't win.. keep sending them in guys!

WHAT CLUB DO YOU BELONG TO lance armstrongs BFF club

it's a quaint little coffee clutch