That moment when.....

gummibear

Dying for a Coke or Powerade at the end of a long hard hot day in the saddle, and you get handed a foul tasting energy drink.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...you hear the dreaded hissing snake of a puncture and you're 5 minutes into your ride

First ride with SPDs,stop at a garage for a coke and forget to unclip .Fall, followed by swearing and all the other customers pretending not to see.

Guest EdEdEd

That moment you come back after a lekker 3hour session of base training... Your legs have that lovely tired rhythmic feel (like after being on a trampoline too long)... You scratch your strap chin (ooh lekker)... The swear has caked around your sunnies and you wipe your face with a wet hand to release them...

You release your shoulders from the bib - bliss

The you feel it... The pressure release prompted increased sensation

The burn creaps in

You forgot to put shammy cream!!!

You think you will warm up soon and don,t put on extra clothing .30 minutes later and you regret ever leaving the house it is so cold

...you grab for that coffee money in your jersey pocket and you left it at home

(No buddies to help out either)

Did that this morning......it was 34deg here and i was looking forward to a ice cold Coke.Got to the shop and had forgotten to put coins in my pocket.

That moment when...you get a flat and pull over to the side of the trail and start going through your saddle bag:

1. Patch etc? CHECK

2. Tube? CHECK

3. Multi-Tool? CHECK

4. Bombs? CHECK, CHECK & CHECK

5. Tyre levers? CHECK & CHECK

All sorted...

6. Bomb adaptor???

Then you remember that you left it on the stoep table the last time you fiddled with your bike... :cursing:

That moment when you find a sponge/buffer thingy that belongs on the inside of your helmet in the kitchen.. and realize the dog left it there.. and run to your room to find your newish Rudy helmet in thousands of tear sized pieces on the floor.. AND then see your Adidas evil eyes on the floor too, but only half of it, AND THEN get sh@t on because there are dog paw marks on the bed, where he stole the helmet, the glasses and every single last drop of my happiness and dignity for this month. I hate student budget, I hate that I love my dog, I hate that he's nice to me, I'm generally hateful this week. But thankful (ya, right) that my dog reminds me of why one shouldn't get attached to material things, but this is bike related so I dont get it. Anyway. ffs.

Thats it. Ktxbye

That moment when you realize you took way too much speeds into this rocky decent and braking is barely keeping speed down nevermind slowing down and you arent riding as much as holding on......

...then you just release the brakes and ride on faith in your equipment, that feeling when you clear it...

Did that this morning......it was 34deg here and i was looking forward to a ice cold Coke.Got to the shop and had forgotten to put coins in my pocket.

Grrrrrrrrr

That moment when you take the turnoff to your favourite single track trail and after about 1km you remember that you riding your road bike.

The moment I realised I was addicted to mountainbiking?

When you often dream you are riding singletrack and you fall off your bike and wake up with your heart racing......

That moment when you find a sponge/buffer thingy that belongs on the inside of your helmet in the kitchen.. and realize the dog left it there.. and run to your room to find your newish Rudy helmet in thousands of tear sized pieces on the floor.. AND then see your Adidas evil eyes on the floor too, but only half of it, AND THEN get sh@t on because there are dog paw marks on the bed, where he stole the helmet, the glasses and every single last drop of my happiness and dignity for this month. I hate student budget, I hate that I love my dog, I hate that he's nice to me, I'm generally hateful this week. But thankful (ya, right) that my dog reminds me of why one shouldn't get attached to material things, but this is bike related so I dont get it. Anyway. ffs.

Thats it. Ktxbye

Post of the day

That Moment when you are on a steep descent and holding brakes because there is a big corner coming, and then no brakes...

That Moment when you are on a steep descent and holding brakes because there is a big corner coming, and then no brakes...

+1

That moment when you ride with SPD's for the first time,pop a wheelie,loose youre balance and ........

Archived