Who else is sick at the moment?

Last week friday, started feeling groggy, spent the whole weekend in bed, congested, and general feeling crap. Today mostly better. Still have post nasal and irritating cough.

have not ben to the doc, as I have not been sick enough. But normally it doesnt take this long to recover. No-one else in the house has it. 

at this rate, I should hopefully be ok on Monday. Have not looked at a bike sadly.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started last week Wednesday with a sort of tickle/cough. Thursday I had absolutely no voice. Friday through to Sunday I was man down properly with serious congestion. This week the congestion has gotten slightly better but I cannot get rid of this cough :thumbdown:  I swear anymore cough syrup and I might just start using a straw for it.

Try honey.

I started last week Wednesday with a sort of tickle/cough. Thursday I had absolutely no voice. Friday through to Sunday I was man down properly with serious congestion. This week the congestion has gotten slightly better but I cannot get rid of this cough :thumbdown:  I swear anymore cough syrup and I might just start using a straw for it.

I also picked up a snot aanval last Friday, and by Saturday I was sneezing my face off. A week later, and I finally feel better, thanks to Prospan cough mixture which has some anti inflammatories in the mix. I might even ride again tomorrow.

I guess this can go here.

My 5 year old has a habbit of doing a full on swan dive onto me whilst I'm sitting on the couch. All very cool and most of the times I get the sensitive body parts out of the way before she lands. About a week or so back during one of these dives she went head first into the side of the chest.

It hurt like hell, but I thought she had just bruised it.

Move along a couple of days and my chest is still sore and I cant sleep on that side. Feeling the chest and you can feel some swelling along the one rib.

It over a week later, pain is still there, sometimes worse than others, I cant cough without pain, very deep breaths see it hurt.

i suspect she has cracked a rib or rib cartilage.

Edited by ouzo

I guess this can go here.

My 5 year old has a habbit of doing a full on swan dive onto me whilst I'm sitting on the couch. All very cool and most of the times I get the sensitive body parts out of the way before she lands. About a week or so back during one of these dives she went head first into the side of the chest.

It hurt like hell, but I thought she had just bruised it.

Move along a couple of days and my chest is still sore and I cant sleep on that side. Feeling the chest and you can feel some swelling along the one rib.

It over a week later, pain is still there, sometimes worse than others, I cant cough without pain, very deep breaths see it hurt.

i suspect she has cracked a rib or rib cartilage.

She might have hit lower down causing a costal cartilage fracture. It hurts like hell and takes around 6 weeks to heal up. 

I fractured mine in a crash and a big yawn and stretch caused it to snap. Sounds like a plastic ruler snapping. Seriously not fun. 

Good luck. 

Anyone here also struggling with long covid? Ive been man down 3,5 months and no end in sight!

What are you taking for it? 

Vitamin D, B, C, Zink? Lots of water? 

She might have hit lower down causing a costal cartilage fracture. It hurts like hell and takes around 6 weeks to heal up. 

I fractured mine in a crash and a big yawn and stretch caused it to snap. Sounds like a plastic ruler snapping. Seriously not fun. 

Good luck. 

impact was definitely upper chest to the side, sort of just infront of the armpit.

I first thought she caught the edge of the muscle and that is why it hurt so much.

The pain then moved from the impact area closer to the middle of the chest. When feeling the chest there is one line of inflammation that sort of mimics the path a rib bone would take.

impact was definitely upper chest to the side, sort of just infront of the armpit.

I first thought she caught the edge of the muscle and that is why it hurt so much.

The pain then moved from the impact area closer to the middle of the chest. When feeling the chest there is one line of inflammation that sort of mimics the path a rib bone would take.

Just reading that makes me want to faint. Good luck! 

Just reading that makes me want to faint. Good luck! 

Its not as bad as a crack further down, those are painful with every movement you make as they're connected to the core muscles.

Been there, done that, twice. Who said water was soft ?

My boys used to jump on me too. Fine when you knew it was coming but not when you were having a mid-afternoon snooze!

Rather than a swan dive mine used to jump up, tuck their knees into their chests and cannon-ball me!''

Ooooof.

Of course now that my youngest lad is grown up and has a daughter of his own, I felt it my duty to teach her how to cannon-ball her dad ;-)  

Anyone here also struggling with long covid? Ive been man down 3,5 months and no end in sight!

A collegue struggled for a very long time, and about 3 or 4 cources on anti.biotics before she was okay.

Her husbands symptoms were roughly a weeks worth of a bad flue ... like a few people on this thread .... only reason he was tested is because their whole house tested positive. He was 100% asymptomatic at the time he tested positive ... his "bad flue" was about a week later

Another friend had a very similar experience, ie multiple doses of meds ....

• 4 weeks later...

and I popped it again.

I had a leak on the roof of my shed, one of the IBR sheets had rusted through. So I was putting a new sheet on. Problem is the sheets slip in under the eves of the garage roof, really tight. I was pulling from the side, put pressure in the wrong place and just felt the rib POP. Knew immediately what happened.

Did have pain right away, but as the day progressed the pain increased.