• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else in GP got bronchitis at the moment?  :(

My GP says it's been quite prevalent this year

I was wondering about that, I've had a low grade chest cold for several weeks. Saw the GP, took the meds but it still didn't go away. Main symptom is shortness of breath. How long is it generally hanging around for ? 

First proper "winter" ride today and you could certainly feel the cold air deep inside your lungs. I took it easy until I warmed up and the sun was shining, so it wasn't crazy cold, but I do worry about stressing my breathing apparatus! 

• 4 weeks later...

Holy cow we're both sick! We both have flu. Andrea came down with it on Boxing day afternoon and seems to be coming out of it now. Yesterday I was good for nothing. Now at 3am I've just woken with a pumping headache so taken a couple of Anadin Extras. Let's hope today is better. Long time since my body ached this much.

The consensus is Andrea picked this up volunteering at the school in Ainsa. No good deed shall go unpunished and all that.

• 3 weeks later...

The Flu we both had over New Year is gone but the coughs remain!

We suspect "Wendy" picked up the original bug through volunteering at the local school. Kids are the number 1 source of all germs!!!

Thankfully in the end it was severe but fairly brief - 5 days for her and 3 for me. Was more than a cold but didn;#'t progress into full blown "in bed for a week" Flu.

It was nice to be in a comfortable house with my son and our grand daaghter looking after us while we were ill.

• 1 month later...

got some sort of bug stomach bug.

6 hours after finishing ride for site i was man down. shivers, fever, vomiting, diarrhea. 

still battling nausea and have zero appetite.

great weight loss though!  

6 hours after finishing ride for site i was man down. shivers, fever, vomiting, diarrhea. 

Dodgy water station? Contaminated food probably.

Picked up the sniffles and sore throat last sunday. Monday went to the pharmacy and got a concoction of meds.

Seemed to have fought it off during the week, then this Sunday went for a ride, decided I'll keep the HR down to be on teh safe side.

During the day Sunday I did a few chores around teh house,it was hot as hell but I avoided swimming because I had been sick and didnt want to chance it. Well I should have just swam as by the evening I was coughing again with nasal drop and sore throat.

So yesterday off to the pharmacy again for another round of meds. Got to fight this off for CTCT.

Dodgy water station? Contaminated food probably.

Na, just some 24/48hour bug.

visited some friends on friday/saturday. their daughter was sick. that night the mother was sick, the next day the father. a day after that myself and my wife.

i can say that body aches are not fun when you body is already aching from a tough day in the saddle!

Same on this side i think it started last week,  i was just dog tired the whole week and this morning BOOM !! It sure does help for weight loss !!!   :w00t: