Who else is sick at the moment?

Blocked nose in the evening and a tight chest with some sneezing. Generally the body feels ok with no aches, so i take it I can race tomorrow.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinus issue and swollen glands again. Have a cold sore inside the nose and that's usually when my body is a bit down and fighting something. I actually feel ok though.

Blocked nose in the evening and a tight chest with some sneezing. Generally the body feels ok with no aches, so i take it I can race tomorrow.

Just be careful that racing doesn't prove to be the stress that allows what you have now to get a foothold. 

This thread always makes me feel better. Side note. Opinions on the corona virus? Plenty of info out there. Just trawling for fellow hubber opinions.

This thread always makes me feel better. Side note. Opinions on the corona virus? Plenty of info out there. Just trawling for fellow hubber opinions.

There is a whole 19 pages

I’m having serious FOMO today.

Sunday’s are my riding days, but last week I chanced it and did an easy ride, between the ride and the work around the house the sniffles got hold of me again.

I wanted to chance it again today, but the added cooler temps we are experiencing made me decide not to.

It felt rather strange to still be in bed after 6am on a Sunday. My body is craving the workout.

Need to be 100% for CTCT.

• 1 month later...

I'm one of those in the riskier category i.e. over 50, I'm also someone that seems to pick up cold. flu etc by merely looking at someone and then symptoms appear very quick. Happy to say no sore throat, cough etc. Must just stay that way.  

• 6 months later...

It was bound to happen, could not get through an entire year without getting sick in some way.

Last week the youngest had snotty nose, sore throat and cough, Friday my wife picked it up.

Yesterday morning I woke up with nose running slightly more than normal, I still went out and did an easy 60km, keeping my HR low because that was the aim of the ride anyway.

But I could feel the niggle in the throat.

After I showered and changed it hit me.

Congested nose, continuous running and inflammation in the throat. Oh and a body that feels battered.

Doing my normal sinus rinse with Saline solution and have gotten a few OTC things from the pharmacy, hopefully I can get over this quick.

Last week the youngest had snotty nose, sore throat and cough...

That's invariably the source of my infections too.

Mine has started school today after 6 months of healthy schooling from home.

Best I take some extra vitamins ... :(

That's invariably the source of my infections too.

Mine has started school today after 6 months of healthy schooling from home.

Best I take some extra vitamins ... :(

mine were ok until last week, but I suspect because the little one was losing 2 of her teeth she had her hands to her mouth more than normal, or her body was slightly more susceptible. 

It was bound to happen, could not get through an entire year without getting sick in some way.

Last week the youngest had snotty nose, sore throat and cough, Friday my wife picked it up.

Yesterday morning I woke up with nose running slightly more than normal, I still went out and did an easy 60km, keeping my HR low because that was the aim of the ride anyway.

But I could feel the niggle in the throat.

After I showered and changed it hit me.

Congested nose, continuous running and inflammation in the throat. Oh and a body that feels battered.

Doing my normal sinus rinse with Saline solution and have gotten a few OTC things from the pharmacy, hopefully I can get over this quick.

happened to me this weekend. Mehness. Stuck in bed now to sleep it off

Oh dear. The lady is super congested with some greenery flowing from the sinus rinses.

She is super prone to hay fever and the current pollen count in Jhb is sky high.

I’m dosing up on extra vitamins etc just to be safe.

In March we both had what can only be described as the worst flu we’ve ever seen. Nebulizers, massive course of antibiotics etc. this was before corona was being tested and while we suspect that it might have been that we both made a full recovery in about 3 weeks.

Needless to say any amount of snotty noses and sneezing has us very alert.