DH World Cup #4 - Leogang

Stretch

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No No. You have to have a certain number of UCI points to be eligible race a World Cup. I think it's 20. Sanctioned UCI events like national champs and national series events pay out UCI points. Nigel would know better than me but I think a win at a national gets you 10 points here. SA Champs pays out more points.

In the UK there's 2 tiers at national level racing before you even get into Elites where you are eligible to earn UCI points.

You can't just pull in and race. It's a pretty huge achievement just zip tying a world cup number to the front of your bike at one of those events cos it means you've excelled in a national or continental event.

ah cool thanks D.

Is it my imagination or are the new generation of lady dh'rs leaner and almost fitter looking?

i think they agree with you

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpf1/10474937_1418882695060561_576553958_n.jpg

Guest Omega Man

ah cool thanks D.

100%.

I left out the real hurdle for the guys and girls doing that thing and that's money. There's a good few guys and girls who ride world cups that fund their adventures by making beds and cooking dinner in the chalets that we go to in Morz etc.

Last year Eddie Masters and his mate were squatting in their panel van in the Courfour parking lot in Morzine and washing in the river. It ain't no PGA tour that's for damn sure.

Edited by Omega Man

100%.

I left out the real hurdle for the guys and girls doing that thing and that's money. There's a good few guys and girls who ride world cups that fund their adventures by making beds and cooking dinner in the chalets that we go to in Morz etc.

Last year Eddie Masters and his mate were squatting in their panel van in the Courfour parking lot in Morzine and washing in the river. It ain't no PGA tour that's for damn sure.

100% ....Blenkie and his 6th place winnings in pmb...count it out and you will see its not a lot of moola for someone at the top of their game

http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xap1/10261221_610458999036858_1352208114_n.jpg

100% ....Blenkie and his 6th place winnings in pmb...count it out and you will see its not a lot of moola for someone at the top of their game

http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xap1/10261221_610458999036858_1352208114_n.jpg

Wow, you would imagine they could have made a effort to at least give him FRESH CRISP NOTES those look like they were ripped from the dying hands of a street beggar

Guest Omega Man

Haha. Enough for a good night out with mates.

In the states in the AMA motocross they have a thing called contingency money. All the big players have it. For example if you're a privateer on a KTM and you qualify for a Main at a national you get $500. finish and you get another $500. A top 20 result gets you $600. Then there's the kit, boots, helmets, tires. All those companies have contingency programs. So as a completley non sponsored rider you can actually make a living from racing.

Kinda wish they had that in World Cup racing.

i think AroGwint was on the new beadless Roval. That vid gummi posted up (INSANE stuff, and much grudging respect to Gwin!), toward the end where he lifts his bike aloft. looks like a beadless rim, but just a guess.

i think AroGwint was on the new beadless Roval. That vid gummi posted up (INSANE stuff, and much grudging respect to Gwin!), toward the end where he lifts his bike aloft. looks like a beadless rim, but just a guess.

You mean the hookless bead? Supposed to be stronger...

You mean the hookless bead? Supposed to be stronger...

No, its actually correctly referred to as beadless. google it.

so leogang world champs: proto brakes = exploded race

leogang 2014: 'proto' beadless rim = exploded race (but awesome finish!).

the man's got some seriously bad mojo with this track and prototypes.

Edited by Capricorn

get me to the choppa!

10443361_10152934125869937_1745459015459742530_n.jpg

What was the story behind that?