To Camelbak or Not to Camelbak

CraigCCW

Long ride use a camelback

Short ride use a bottle.

Riding a sketchy trail, camelback with back protection.

Choose the best option for the day.

I recently got a K.U.D.U 10 that back protector is pretty sweet. I personally don’t like bottles. Messes with the lines of the frame. Maybe I’m just full of poef but I can’t operate without a Camelbak.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread revival number 3...

After running dry on a long ride this weekend I'm thinking of taking the fall and going back to a pack for long rides.

Anybody using one of those USWE packs?

Nope , but also in the market for a new hydration pack.

The uswe xc looks ok , but may suffer from a lack of storage space. 

Am currently using a camelbak classic , but find it hopeless at storing anything more than a few energy bars. And the flappy , loose mouth piece is not the best.

The Thule Vital 3L looks damn good...  any thoughts ?? 

Edited by HuckNorris

After running dry on a long ride this weekend I'm thinking of taking the fall and going back to a pack for long rides.

Yip the outlander 2

very comfy. Don't need storage space as that's what pockets are for

Yip the outlander 2

very comfy. Don't need storage space as that's what pockets are for

The outlander 2 is what I am looking at

Where did you buy from?

Just got the new Camelback KUDU Protector 20 which is an upgrade from last year's model which had an inserted back protector..now you can remove the entire cargo section and wear just the harness with bladder and back protector for those short rides.....V.Cool! :thumbup:

Edit: they have also improved the waistband to a much broader load-spreading one....so much more comfortable.

Edited by capediver

I also ride with secret socks... Socks mess with the lines of my calves. I’m beyond help.

I won’t leave a good man behind!!!!

Ok cool, thanks man

The local distributor is Henderson racing products. They bring in the motor cycle packs. Similar design but heavier material.

You ride a Pyga which easily fits two large bottles. Get one of those seatpost bottle cages and add a third. If I'm doing a long ride I put the 3rd bottle in the freezer. You wont look like Quasimodo and you should have enough hydration.

You ride a Pyga which easily fits two large bottles. Get one of those seatpost bottle cages and add a third. If I'm doing a long ride I put the 3rd bottle in the freezer. You wont look like Quasimodo and you should have enough hydration.

#SIES

Riding single track in the bush results in donkie drol on waterbottles 

Be my guest

Never know,but with a bit of luck you might even encounter the human kind.