Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

lets see if you can set it up just as quickly or have another week of tech faq like you did with the bushido... perhaps you should have the missus handy just in case :ph34r:

:( sad but true:)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It not meant to be,,,,me and a IDT, picked up my machine all bright eyes and bushy tailed,,,'drove back to edenvale,,,whoop whoop unpacked and found a ANT unit not bluetooofff,,,,,,,,,,

EISH, :( the last time I felt like this I was 5 and I found out Santa was my toppie

Will have to speak to Greg and get it swopped out ASAP,,,

Edited by DIPSLICK

Myself and Frostie discussed it this morning. We actually need a local server for hosting the races. If I am correct the server is in Poland or thereabouts. So all data needs to go there, get processed and then sent back to us here causing the small delays we see.

actually in Canada so even further haha. we at BPT are on a top secret mission and i am sure the faster updates will form part of what we have planned over the years.

It not meant to be,,,,me and a IDT, picked up my machine all bright eyes and bushy tailed,,,'drove back to edenvale,,,whoop whoop unpacked and found a ANT unit not bluetooofff,,,,,,,,,,

EISH, :( the last time I felt like this I was 5 and I found out Santa was my toppie

Will have to speak to Greg and get it swopped out ASAP,,,

DM sent, lets get you sorted ASAP

DM sent, lets get you sorted ASAP

Well as I always say there are still plenty of guys out there still offering good service, and beyond. My PM was a offer to get my trainer sorted out tonight still!!!!

Thanks very generous but I'll arrange for tomorrow, if the "back up" starts like this money well spent already IMHO

I know PM is private, but Great PM should be shared :)

Sadly it appears I will not be ready. Only 85% downloaded now. Also I cannot figure out how to use my Ipad as controller and race online either on PC or on Ipad. Heads up - download the races long beforehand. DIPS as dissapointed as you. Eventually we will get in... Friendship requests sent.

While you okes have online riding fun... I will go and fight with the spin bike at my favorite gym during winter.

See you on the trails soon.

PS take note of the Comic Sans font ;)

While you okes have online riding fun... I will go and fight with the spin bike at my favorite gym during winter.

See you on the trails soon.

PS take note of the Comic Sans font ;)

Only one warrior left. I just had an electronic meltdown (and emotional)

OK now that I have simmered down a bit:

1. Can I use my Ipad as controller/ head unit and still race on the PC ? (rather than the Joule 3)

2. Can I choose not to download the video of a race (tonight was 900+ MB)?

3. Tonight would only run as a Local Race (already downloaded) - is that right?

4. After "crashing out" I could not rejoin the race - how long after the start can you join?

5. Should we not have a small "training race" loaded for 30min before start so that we can check set-up?

Well as I always say there are still plenty of guys out there still offering good service, and beyond. My PM was a offer to get my trainer sorted out tonight still!!!!

Thanks very generous but I'll arrange for tomorrow, if the "back up" starts like this money well spent already IMHO

I know PM is private, but Great PM should be shared :)

Awesome stuff dips...I really dont mind spending my money with people that have this attitude, not very common in SA. Everyone makes a mistake now and again, its how you rectify it that separates the men from the boys. :thumbup:

OK now that I have simmered down a bit:

1. Can I use my Ipad as controller/ head unit and still race on the PC ? (rather than the Joule 3)..Eish dont know...this question is better left to the expert.

2. Can I choose not to download the video of a race (tonight was 900+ MB)? Yes you can, see my previous post about what happened to me when my data ran out. So basically you skip the download of the video and just download the GPS info for the race which shouldnt be more than a couple of KB. Then when you in that screen where the countdown timer for the race is there are a couple of tabs...1st one is google earth view, 2nd tab is video and 3rd tab is live graphs plotting your effort metrics. Now you assumed the same as me that if you are in the google earth tab, that the other tabs are not active...wrong...The one in question, the video tab, is still streaming video live eventhough you are not using it. So to disable this, before the race starts you will see a little gear cog in the top right somewhere of your ipad app. click on it and disable video streaming there as well, then it won't stream and you will use 50-100mb per hour instead of 1,5 gigs. I paid the same schoolfees as you. But at least I know for next time hahaha. Look its not a problem for the okes with uncapped ADSL lines, but for us on a data budget, we have to be carefull.

3. Tonight would only run as a Local Race (already downloaded) - is that right?

4. After "crashing out" I could not rejoin the race - how long after the start can you join?

5. Should we not have a small "training race" loaded for 30min before start so that we can check set-up?

Sadly it appears I will not be ready. Only 85% downloaded now. Also I cannot figure out how to use my Ipad as controller and race online either on PC or on Ipad. Heads up - download the races long beforehand. DIPS as dissapointed as you. Eventually we will get in... Friendship requests sent.

you can still take part in the race your tablet will just run off google and not video.

we are trying to work on a faster download speed but this may take a little bit of time but we are working on it.