Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Seem that I only get kakker with these online races! Hopefully I will be able to put up a better fight next tuesday

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I WILL BE BAAACK! OK nobody is worried. More for my own motivation. Is Jorrie and Dave back yet? And the female Terminator?

I WILL BE BAAACK! OK nobody is worried. More for my own motivation. Is Jorrie and Dave back yet? And the female Terminator?

Bigshow: Trust me, if Talus, Jorrie and Dave are back it will be quit a different race. All of them are super humans with a 4+ power/weight ratio...

Well done boys, good to see the Goose back in action! As for myself...like Dips nog seeing myself as a cyclist at the moment...actually still not 100% after a certain Dr. made a mess of what should have been an in and out op :(

Got one confession though...(should have made it 2weeks ago but while I was typing loadshedding made me lost my post) for the first Hub race I got home 2mins before 6pm, quickly grabbed the I pad and registered for the race, just to find out when we started that I was logged in on my wifes name... No way changing it then, so thought ag well its all for fun anyway... At first I thought I'll ride at the back till bigshow pulled away from everyone...then thought I might as well give him a good workout!

So...sorry boys...annarij isn't the superhuman you all thought! Don't know if there is a way to delete a name from a race result, let me know if you know and I'll do it.

What is very interesting though is that I still got beaten by bigshow who averaged about 3 W/kg compared to "my" 5,5W/kg (274W / my wifes 50kg). I think with 5,5 you should be able to win the TdF!

From this it looks like your virtual speed is more about your Watts than your Watts/kg?

Surely this cant be right?

Well done boys, good to see the Goose back in action! As for myself...like Dips nog seeing myself as a cyclist at the moment...actually still not 100% after a certain Dr. made a mess of what should have been an in and out op :(

Got one confession though...(should have made it 2weeks ago but while I was typing loadshedding made me lost my post) for the first Hub race I got home 2mins before 6pm, quickly grabbed the I pad and registered for the race, just to find out when we started that I was logged in on my wifes name... No way changing it then, so thought ag well its all for fun anyway... At first I thought I'll ride at the back till bigshow pulled away from everyone...then thought I might as well give him a good workout!

So...sorry boys...annarij isn't the superhuman you all thought! Don't know if there is a way to delete a name from a race result, let me know if you know and I'll do it.

What is very interesting though is that I still got beaten by bigshow who averaged about 3 W/kg compared to "my" 5,5W/kg (274W / my wifes 50kg). I think with 5,5 you should be able to win the TdF!

From this it looks like your virtual speed is more about your Watts than your Watts/kg?

Ag kom nou Flippie! Jy kan maar erken Annarij skop jou gat :whistling:

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: bliksem you made me throw up that one race :clap:  :clap:

It should be about more than Watts/kg. In theory when the road is flat the higher watts will pull away regardless of rider weight. The steeper the gradient the bigger the impact that the weight will have.

That's why I'm not sure why people hammer on about the W/kg to such a great extent. A stronger heavier rider with a slight lower W/kg will gain on the flats and loose on the climbs but might still be faster overall depending on the route. 

Gents,

The lag on the position updates on my IPAD was a few seconds behind real time. I kept on catching the front markers only to find out few seconds later that Mongo was actually 1.3km ahead and I was chasing a ghost...how does your live streaming compare?

Great race once again, thanx all. This time I finished in the same calendar day as the rest of you :clap:

Question: I thought these races go on power output, so how does it work that bigshowza averaged a lower speed than mongoose,even though he had the biggest average power?

Seeing that mine is the lowest power, I'am hoping there is a shortcut to this  :whistling: . And again, how does a MTB compare to the guys on road bikes? I seem to be spinning on the downhills without the ability to put any real power down.Just curious, anyhow this is the best training I have ever done! Never thought it could be so much fun looking at a screen with a couple of dots on them....

I think the gearing on the road bikes are larger than MTB. Probably why you spin out on the downs. I did find that moving from a MTB to Road improved my overall times. Could have been all in the head...

Gents,

The lag on the position updates on my IPAD was a few seconds behind real time. I kept on catching the front markers only to find out few seconds later that Mongo was actually 1.3km ahead and I was chasing a ghost...how does your live streaming compare?

some races are worse than others, i have been in the "winning position" once till 1km out then a flag popped up and there was another winner i ended up 4th on that one i was convinced i was flying :clap:

Ok Gents.

I am really not trying to hijack the thread.

So I just have a simple question.

If I purchase a Cycleops Jet Fluid Pro trainer, Ant+ dual speed cadence sensor, an Ant+ adapter for my ipad.

Is that enough to ride these events?

Ok Gents.

I am really not trying to hijack the thread.

So I just have a simple question.

If I purchase a Cycleops Jet Fluid Pro trainer, Ant+ dual speed cadence sensor, an Ant+ adapter for my ipad.

Is that enough to ride these events?

yes, and a subscription to the virtual trainer app.

you may not be able to partake in all races though as some race organisers limit it to power meters or resistance controlled devices only.

post-21056-0-18132000-1435132448_thumb.jpg

Archived