• Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This deserves it's own post.

Watched Zombieland double tap. Cant remember when last I laughed so much.

Also Bad Boys For Life. Another awesome installment!! lots of LOL moments in there as well.

Was a lot of fun to watch. The best was the RV flats.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Destroyer on the dish the other night. What a tough, flippen movie!

Kidman was brilliant. It's a hard watch, but definitely worth it.

9/10

Edited by Imploder

• 2 weeks later...

Watched The Stand with the Mrs last night as she's never seen it and I thought it would be a good topical film to watch. It's just as amazing as when it came out in the 90's! 8.5/10

Watched Contagion (2011)..minus the fatality rate and convenient happy ending, pretty much bang on: our current reality for the next few months wrapped up in 1h46min of film.

One site says the pandemic movie of our time is not movies like contagion, rather Jaws.. 

I am not sure, however, that these movies have very much to say about the situation we find ourselves in. Outbreak is a Tom Clancy–ish thriller featuring a comic book virus that practically melts the organs of any human it infects. Contagion is actually a good movie, anticipating the turn toward explainer films like The Big Short, and the Contagion virus is more realistic and contains numerous similarities to ours: It jumps from animals to people! It comes from China! It’s covered up by the Chinese government! But the movie virus is, as in Outbreak, much deadlier, killing one in five people. It spreads globally almost instantly, killing Gwyneth Paltrow within its first 10 minutes.  

There is nothing fast-paced about the coronavirus. For months, dread has slowly accumulated in my midsection. Every day brings a succession of new anxieties about the virus and the economy; about my family and friends; about my hands and the many, many things they touch, particularly my face. Above all, there is the sense that everything that is bad today will be worse tomorrow. And the movie that best reflects that reality is not Contagion but Steven Spielberg’s  Jaws. 

One of the strangest things about the coronavirus panic is how normal everything seems. Even with few people going out, my neighborhood looks the way it does on a Sunday morning. The difference is that I’m bombarded by a constant stream of push alerts and texts. That is a key part of what makes Jaws work. Even when everything appears fine, you know that terror is lurking just beneath the surface. 

Going to give this a spin tonight ... hopefully

Both the younger Ds came back raving about this. How was it?

Most fun I've had watching a movie in ages. 9/10

Ne Zha (2019) "... it has been one of the biggest commercial successes in the history of animation and that of Chinese cinema, setting numerous records for box-office grosses: as of August 2019, the film is the highest-grossing animated film in China, the worldwide highest-grossing non-U.S. animated film, and the second worldwide highest-grossing non-English-language film of all time. With a gross of over $725 million, it is the fourth-highest-grossing animated film of that year and the second-highest-grossing film of all time in China." Wiki.

MV5BY2E4MGUwMmUtNzUxMS00Y2MyLTg5NmItNTU1

Both the younger Ds came back raving about this. How was it?

:thumbup: funny with a "real" ending .. would not say more than that....oh, and the Hitler character is awesome