• Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Dirk Bogarde ...

https://youtu.be/izOk9Ka9izY

Blimey!  this $h!t was for real, like what happened to the brilliant mathematician Alan Turin who's brain literally saved ole Blighty by cracking the Germans encryption codes

Edited by kosmonooit

Watched Logan Lucky yesterday. A really, really good movie that was also really uninvolving. Some very funny parts but also very understated. Seemed like the characters were stupid as hell but then cleverly but slowly showed that not to be.

Probably about a 7.

Watched Baywatch last night. I can echo Readsalot's sentiments - it was farking HILARIOUS!

Watched it yesterday..damn it's funny

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Any classic lovers in here?

And when I say classic I don't mean Resevoir Dogs or even Scent of a Woman.

I'm talking way back.

Some of my golden oldie favorites...

https://youtu.be/urQVzgEO_w8

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Audrey Hepburn

https://youtu.be/IqVoIQ5UsT8

East of Eden (1955) James Dean

https://youtu.be/fJgC549mpRk

The Seven Year Itch (1955) Marilyn Monroe

Yip.. I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's just the other day again.

Have any of you watched Brimstone.?

Nope. Not going to, either. About as far away from the kind of movies I enjoy as it's possible to get, judging by the trailer.

Nope. Not going to, either. About as far away from the kind of movies I enjoy as it's possible to get, judging by the trailer.

It was upsetting. . I wanted to stop watching a few times..

It's going into the.."not going to watch it again pile"[emoji53]

Edited by Gen

Any classic lovers in here?

And when I say classic I don't mean Resevoir Dogs or even Scent of a Woman.

I'm talking way back.

I will take a classic Hitchcock over a lot of stuff nowadays

Classics - a matter of taste, but certainly any student of film should have an open mind.

There's a lot of 40's and 50's films being uploaded to YouTube - most are formulaic and everyone is dressed to the hilt  in suits/fancy dresses, and stand posed for the camera and they all frigging smoke! "Cigarette?" is probably the most common opening line in any meeting of two or more people.

I just discovered Dirk Bogarde this way, he is kinda like the Brit version of Marlon Brando although most of his films he plays the upper class twit in cheesy scripts, but some (like which I have posted here) I think are quite good for the time.

Also Michael Caine's early movies are ace("Zulu" was his first), as with Peter Sellers. (Dr Strangelove, Lolita)

Going to re-watch 'Brasil' later   - I have it on VHS but found a 1080 *cough*, only recently realised it was made by the python Terri

Talking of which, if you were going to be stuck on an Island and could only take one film to watch, what would it be?

I wouldn't waste any time with second thoughts, mine would be "Life of Brian"

Edited by kosmonooit

Classics - a matter of taste, but certainly any student of film should have an open mind.

Every now and then I would watch an "old classic" but often it is a bit of a struggle for me.

The movies from the late 50's and onwards I can often appreciate - watched a few Hitchcock movies recently and they were brilliant.

The 30's & 40's, eish, usually my wife would wake me up after the movie and told me what happened... (usually not much...)

There's a lot of 40's and 50's films being uploaded to YouTube - most are formulaic and everyone is dressed to the hilt in suits/fancy dresses, and stand posed for the camera and they all frigging smoke! "Cigarette?" is probably the most common opening line in any meeting of two or more people.

I just discovered Dirk Bogarde this way, he is kinda like the Brit version of Marlon Brando although most of his films he plays the upper class twit in cheesy scripts, but some (like which I have posted here) I think are quite good for the time.

Also Michael Caine's early movies are ace("Zulu" was his first), as with Peter Sellers. (Dr Strangelove, Lolita)

Going to re-watch 'Brasil' later - I have it on VHS but found a 1080 *cough*, only recently realised it was made by the python Terri

Talking of which, if you were going to be stuck on an Island and could only take one film to watch, what would it be?

I wouldn't waste any time with second thoughts, mine would be "Life of Brian"

Sleuth. Michael Caine. Laurence olivier. Brilliant.