No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, you know that he actually won the Tour of Turkey a while back (when Goss made him crash on final day), not out of nowhere, just not in your radar.

Theo Bos caused then crash, not Goss

But yeah, Impey has had previous success

Hey ya boys! Play the ball, not the man.

Even when hyped out like a Duracell bunny on the meds doing the August (sic), I am sure I will still be having motivational discussions with myself on the bike while most of you honest riders will be sitting at home watching the telly after your race.

Anyway, how does a Pro rider screen everything they eat and drink, like when they go out for eat out with da family and friends? Nobody has answered my open question. The way food is so flooded with all sort of good stuff the farmers use to get them big and without flaws, it has to cause problems somewhere.

Anyway, how does a Pro rider screen everything they eat and drink, like when they go out for eat out with da family and friends? Nobody has answered my open question. The way food is so flooded with all sort of good stuff the farmers use to get them big and without flaws, it has to cause problems somewhere.

That is their responsibility.

Besides, in this case, there is no non pharmaceutical application for the drug; accidental consumption is excluded.

How the yellow jersey Mighty have fallen. It's gonna be a long, difficult (some would say IMPOSSIBLE) road back to the heady days of the 2013 TdF.

post-39984-0-42853100-1404413768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brogue

What r u guys impeylying? No way back ha...

Now he's just another doper who "doesn't know how a foreign substance entered his bloodstream".

We know the routine. Deny deny deny. Then appear on Oprah, write a book and syndicate it to hundreds of media houses to make a fortune.

before 2009 what exactly was that success. here or there top 10 finishes in events like the Herald Sun tour stage wins in zgiro del capo (big events those :whistling: ...

Please from being an also ran in SA to a international tour winner in one year....ya right. Believe what you will but boy got caught

“With the Daryl Impey case coming out now a few days before the Tour, and the same with Roman Kreuziger a few days ago, it really is hard for the sport. It was quite shocking this morning to have the news about Daryl, someone I know really well. He’s been a teammate with me on Barloworld. It was quite shocking news … It’s always harder when you know the person on a personal level. It’s a reminder of just how cycling is in the spotlight. I mean, that is massive news in cycling, it’s right on the eve of the Tour, right when the spotlight is on cycling.”

Froome Dawg

Sorry, meant Boss, slip of the G.

Once again we see that being a top pro cyclist depends on a team which consists of doctors, pharmacists, lawyers and spin doctors. But mostly lawyers and spin doctors, the higher you go.

See Richard Poplak's rather good story on Daily Maverick:

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2014-07-02-impey-on-the-edge-the-tour-de-france-yellow-jersey-wearer-busted/#.U7XJR_mSySo

Probenecid? Nah, never heard of that! Though I might have gout, you never know.

Bah, humbug. It's the usual lie, deny, what, me?! Never! And I'm SUCH a nice guy, so why would I dope? As if being a nice guy doesn't mean you juice. Come on man. How long has this been going on for in pro cycling? Forever - look at George, Stewart, Fouche, Pepper, McLeod, Hoffman - and now Impey. You think these guys aren't juicing? And quite a lot of them are simply welcomed back into the fold, good old omerta alive and well, just like in the protour peloton.

before 2009 what exactly was that success. here or there top 10 finishes in events like the Herald Sun tour stage wins in zgiro del capo (big events those :whistling: ...

Please from being an also ran in SA to a international tour winner in one year....ya right. Believe what you will but boy got caught

Maybe you should read this: http://www.cyclingbase.com/palcoureurs.php?id=2640&idtitle=1

Looks like decent progression to me.

I'm not defending the guy - I'm just saying that his career has been a constant rise and there is no definite upturn that indicates the beginning of doping.

I'm just saying that his career has been a constant rise and there is no definite upturn that indicates the beginning of doping.

unlike chris froome who suddenly won TDF coming from almost nowhere...

Maybe you should read this: http://www.cyclingba...=2640&idtitle=1

Looks like decent progression to me.

I'm not defending the guy - I'm just saying that his career has been a constant rise and there is no definite upturn that indicates the beginning of doping.

rose tinted glasses

unlike chris froome who suddenly won TDF coming from almost nowhere...

Agreed. If we had to put together a list if riders that have made suspicious step changes to their careers rather than constant progression Froome would be near the top of the list!

Ultimately it's all poppycock - only the riders and perhaps a few people around them really know if they're doping or not.

I don't waste too much time with this kind of thing - falls into the "does god exist" and "did lance armstrong really walk on the moon" category in my book.