[Event] Chris Willemse Cycles Durbie Dash

CWC Online

Event Name: Chris Willemse Cycles Durbie Dash
When: 25 October 2014
Where: Durbanville High School grounds in Langenhoven Str, Western Cape
Category: Road

ENTRIES NOW OPEN!!

Durbanville High School strives to offer its learners a variety of opportunities in order to prepare them for the future in the best way possible. Most of these opportunities require costs and because of that the school organizes certain projects to generate funds. In this regard we think especially of learners who are in need of financial aid because of their circumstances.

One of these fundraising projects is the annual Fun ride, namely the Chris Willemse Cycles Durbie Dash, taking place on 25 October 2014.

The road event portfolio includes 2 exciting events on Saturday 25 October. Both these events are approved PPA league events and start from the Durbanville High School grounds in Langenhoven Street, Durbanville.

The roadie enthusiast may choose between The Winelands Meander (46km medium distance event) or The Wheatlands Dash (90km long distance event).

The Winelands Meander offers sufficient challenge, alas over a much shorter distance. It will take you through the outskirts of Durbanville and then through our spectacular wine and wheat countryside and finally split off from the The Wheatlands Dash to navigate back to the finish line. The Wheatlands Dash riders will then continue further to enjoy more of the beautiful Boland countryside and make those legs work out the way only serious roadies can do!

Lead Vehicles for both events are supplied by Subaru (Cape Town), with their rally proven reliability and technology. Chris Willemse Cycles will follow suit and offer peace of mind throughout your event with two support vehicles that will assist with any technical aspects or difficulties.

PRICES:

The Chris Willemse Cycles DURBIE DASH lucky draw sponsored prizes..... Some teasers of lucky draw prizes are:

• Chris Willemse Cycles Road Bike
  • Chris Willemse Cycles MTB Bike
  • Rawson Developers Desert Wind family weekend
  • Aero Sport 1.5 hours Gyrocopter flight
  • and many more!

PLEASE NOTE that early bird MTB entries can win an entry to this year Ride the Rhino 3 day stage race!

For more information visit http://www.durbiedash.co.za/

Go LIKE our Facebook page Chris Willemse Cycles Durbie Dash to keep you posted

Go to Event Page

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the old Durbanville High School event. We just came in as naming sponsor BUT will help making it bigger and better with many more prizes to win. Our aim is that within a year or two we will be able to have a vehicle again as a prize like we done when we arganised the Burger/Sanlam tour for many years.

• 2 weeks later...

The website says limited entries. What is the limit for the 90km road event?

I wonder what the turnout is going to be like @ R220 entry fee.

Is that what we can be expecting to pay for the 2014/15 fun rides.? :eek:

well if you check that urban assult is R350 i think, its clear to see the races are not going to cost R100 anymore

Yes it's a bit ironic that they get a big sponsor but then the entry fee doubles!

Are the entry fees now sponsoring the sponsors not the other way around? :cursing:

To answer the original question, the road event didn't sell out the past few years, don't see it happening this year.

Yes it's a bit ironic that they get a big sponsor but then the entry fee doubles!

Are the entry fees now sponsoring the sponsors not the other way around? :cursing:

To answer the original question, the road event didn't sell out the past few years, don't see it happening this year.

there will be some "justification" to the entry fee, but you asking the right questions,

there will be some "justification" to the entry fee, but you asking the right questions,

I hope it's not the big prizes and the support vehicles (both of which should really be covered by the sponsors)

More to charity I can more-or-less live with but it's a massive jump in entry fees.

Despite the moaning I will still be lining up in October

PS double the mtb entry fee and you have access to the trails for the rest of the year...

Why are these race fees so high? WP and Lights by linea manage to run events for R100 - R150. What are they going to give us at this race that is worth the extra R120 - R70?

An event with more participants and greater pool of funds somehow increases the expenses?

Probably big gazebos, start/finish balloons, sound system, well stocked water points, other entertainment, etc. All the "nice-to-haves" that make a normal MTB ride into an amazing event.

Think Lights by Linear vs. Argus.

This is not right or wrong, it's just different to the average PPA MTB races. Do it or don;t do it.

Probably big gazebos, start/finish balloons, sound system, well stocked water points, other entertainment, etc. All the "nice-to-haves" that make a normal MTB ride into an amazing event.

Think Lights by Linear vs. Argus.

This is not right or wrong, it's just different to the average PPA MTB races. Do it or don;t do it.

Seeing you're putting it that way, I'll vote with my wallet and not do it.

It's not as if I cannot ride the route any time I want to.

Why are these race fees so high? WP and Lights by linea manage to run events for R100 - R150. What are they going to give us at this race that is worth the extra R120 - R70?

An event with more participants and greater pool of funds somehow increases the expenses?

i paid r100 to race in wp winter league with traffic cops, ambulance and marshals who knew what they were doing. and they paid out prize money. no sponsors were ever mentioned so i take it that entry fees covered costs. makes me think that we are getting ripped here.

Archived