DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They still make those Red Devils...

post-1604-0-05293400-1449047935_thumb.png

At first it was really weird to see  things I have posted on social media recently coincidentally appearing here in various guises over the last couple of days. The word for this week has to be: happenstance. 

Like, wow....

They still make those Red Devils...

attachicon.gifCVNbmPCWEAAr1gH.png

At first it was really weird to see  things I have posted on social media recently coincidentally appearing here in various guises over the last couple of days. The word for this week has to be: happenstance. 

Like, wow....

Thanks man, i learnt a new word:

post-182-0-83796900-1449049422_thumb.png

Thanks man, i learnt a new word:

attachicon.gifCapture1.PNG

It's also one half of a comic book duo in the late '80s-early '90s.

Kismet & Happenstance...

They appeared in the short-lived Crisis comics - an offshoot of 2000AD - which were a bit too heavy for their time, and way too heavy for the government censor who often used to remove my copies from the Grahamstown CNA:

post-1604-0-77876200-1449050016_thumb.jpg  

Edited by Tumbleweed

Don't know if you got these over here in the '70s...Santa gave me mine when I was still a lad in Northern Ireland...

post-1604-0-51644700-1449052133_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-04404900-1449052146_thumb.jpg  

...and for those who forgot the 'awesome' quality on the transparencies...

OHP-sch.JPG

Up to 2004, the company I was with at the time used an overhead projector to show presentations at monthly management meetings.

We used the colour laser copier to print our powerpoint "slides" and then project using the 80's icon. The FD figured it was cheaper than a modern day projector. It's fine when you're presenting static info, but when we did "what if" analysis on data it would be rendered useless. That's when he buckled under pressure to electronic.

The annuals were Christmas pressie certs! 

ABSOLUTELY.

Dimly I remember saturday morning swop meets, swopping DELL comics! 

783273.jpg

ABSOLUTELY.

Dimly I remember saturday morning swop meets, swopping DELL comics! 

Cool!

Do you remember book exchanges? There's a small one in my suburb called Second Edition, but you don't see them much anymore. 

Cool!

Do you remember book exchanges? There's a small one in my suburb called Second Edition, but you don't see them much anymore.

We have 3 book exchanges here in our dorpie.

We've found some gems there but mostly there are a lot of Mills and Boons[emoji30]

We have 3 book exchanges here in our dorpie.

We've found some gems there but mostly there are a lot of Mills and Boons[emoji30]

Hahahaha! Occasionally there'll be a decent find, but people in my neighbourhood, well, their lips move when they read, so there's not a great selection. But it's next to the laundry I use, so no harm in spending a coupla rand.