Buycycle.co.za Misleading ad

NicoBoshoff

What about the oke next to you at work? Or that tannie who's always been there and no one really knows what she does....

Those are the people fat shaming was invented for :devil:

Run Eldron run!!!!

Ironically that's exactly what I'm going to do. Later everyone ^_^

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed at the time people take to "Rant & Rave" here when the product image & description http://www.buycycle.co.za/en/components/mtb-en/brake-sets/shimano-brake-sets/shimano-xt-m785b-brake-lever-and-caliper-black.html

on BuyCycle, clearly shows a XT brake lever & calliper, while the option states "Left - Front" or "Right Rear". Then there's the price...eish !

Everyday cellphone companies are blatantly "ripping" their client's off by selling them something & then saying if you haven't used it by a date, you "loose it" ! How can you "loose" something you paid for.......???

So stop all this time waisting & go "Rant & Rave" on the cellphone companies FB pages & stand for a actual "cause" !

Amen

I'm amazed at the time people take to "Rant & Rave" here when the product image & description http://www.buycycle.co.za/en/components/mtb-en/brake-sets/shimano-brake-sets/shimano-xt-m785b-brake-lever-and-caliper-black.html

on BuyCycle, clearly shows a XT brake lever & calliper, while the option states "Left - Front" or "Right Rear". Then there's the price...eish !

Everyday cellphone companies are blatantly "ripping" their client's off by selling them something & then saying if you haven't used it by a date, you "loose it" ! How can you "loose" something you paid for.......???

So stop all this time waisting & go "Rant & Rave" on the cellphone companies FB pages & stand for a actual "cause" !

Amen

You do realise the point of my post was the e-mail which did not contain the info you refer to, and not the actual item on the site as listed?

Amen

Oh well now that you HAVE TOLD US I suppose YOU MUST BE RIGHT and we MUST ALL DO AS YOU SAY,,,,,WOW THANKS FOR HELPING US

PS THIS IS A CYCLING FORUM,,,,NOT DEAR JOHN I GOT SCREWED FROM MY CELL PHONE PROVIDER

RUN ALONG, the "adults"are talking

What a laugh .............."adults"........more like cry babies...WTH ! The image on the BuyCycle Newsleter clearly shows 1 x lever & calliper.......... or are you reading another "comic book"......eish !

But I think that the point he is making ... you see an 'unbelievable' deal and you investigate ....only to be misled

I hear you and understand your frustration, I think the following approach has been mentioned many times on the Hub, ' if it sounds too good to be true, it often is'

As regular hubbers we have an idea of the cost of components so can we honestly Believe a retailer to sell anything at 50% below rsp? It's marketing buddy. You and many others opened their site based on this advert and ok granted May not have purchased the brakes but others may have bought something else of interest and the company achieved the desired outcome.

Anyone else feel a bit duped by Buycycle.co.za's e-mail pamphlet advertising XT brake sets for R1595.00, but when you click on the link it's clear that a "set" is for caliper and lever?

I think this is classic click-bait and misleading advertising. Consumer Commissioner would have a field day with this.

No disrespect but they are Afrikaans and it could be a really simple mistake.

I once heard an Aunty complain at my old company that her "feetS" was sore. Little after did I realise she was talking about her foot.

Just saying

Guest Karma

No disrespect but they are Afrikaans and it could be a really simple mistake.

I once heard an Aunty complain at my old company that her "feetS" was sore. Little after did I realise she was talking about her foot.

Just saying

yous better tred laaightlie my ou, Afrikaners get very apset when you step on theyre feets

A brake set is a brake set.

Front and rear brake, same as shoes, you don't advertise a "pair of shoes" if you only want to sell one shoe.

The advert should read XT brakes R 1 59....whatever per wheel.

Anyone else feel a bit duped by Buycycle.co.za's e-mail pamphlet advertising XT brake sets for R1595.00, but when you click on the link it's clear that a "set" is for caliper and lever?

I think this is classic click-bait and misleading advertising. Consumer Commissioner would have a field day with this.

No

I was on their site a few days ago to purchase Dura Ace calipers and was pretty clear to me

You are huffing and puffing about nothing

I hear you and understand your frustration, I think the following approach has been mentioned many times on the Hub, ' if it sounds too good to be true, it often is'

As regular hubbers we have an idea of the cost of components so can we honestly Believe a retailer to sell anything at 50% below rsp? It's marketing buddy. You and many others opened their site based on this advert and ok granted May not have purchased the brakes but others may have bought something else of interest and the company achieved the desired outcome.

That is exactly the OPs point, I guess. You opened their website as a result of a misleading ad. Bait marketing, whether intentional or not.