Unhappy with service from Concept Cyclery Cedar Square

Jeepdude

So I have read all the flaming about this. Perhaps some of you keyboard pushers must first get the whole story before you make claims about people and stores. So here it goes. I think its time Bertus and his friend tell the whole story and not half the story. You mention this email in your post but your forget to mention that this was the second email (1st 07/09 2nd 07/11) you received and on both occasions your friend was ask for his address so that they can collect the crank and reimburse if the cranks are as per pic they also explain perhaps what happened. Till today they still haven't received the address. All they getting is I want my R500. So perhaps Bertus you should get your friend to contact the store and let them collect the cranks and reimburse him and apologies for putting this on a Forum which nine out of ten times goes all pear shaped.

It sounds as if you know the whole story - so give us the whole story. Why was it advertised as new if it was used. Why don't you just supply a new set in exchange. Surely you have the address as you send the crank to him originally. Common get your head out the hole and fix the problem.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have read all the flaming about this. Perhaps some of you keyboard pushers must first get the whole story before you make claims about people and stores. So here it goes. I think its time Bertus and his friend tell the whole story and not half the story. You mention this email in your post but your forget to mention that this was the second email (1st 07/09 2nd 07/11) you received and on both occasions your friend was ask for his address so that they can collect the crank and reimburse if the cranks are as per pic they also explain perhaps what happened. Till today they still haven't received the address. All they getting is I want my R500. So perhaps Bertus you should get your friend to contact the store and let them collect the cranks and reimburse him and apologies for putting this on a Forum which nine out of ten times goes all pear shaped.

don't stop now.

http://www.swineline.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/dig1-256x300.png

Sean i don't know who you are but you seem to know more. I also read the emails this morning as there were several. Yes they asked for collection adress but CC did not offer a NEW crank set as advertised..... It was advertised new and upon delivery was not new. A lame excuse was also given per email that it was mistaken as a new one because there are two in the shop one new one not so new. Then it was said that it was put on a demo bike in a new condition and had to be the sold as shop "soiled" it was clearly ridden unles CC has a rock garden inside their shop. Newby left the crank at lbs for fitment and being clueless had not noticed it as used till lbs brought his attention to number one it requires a spacer which by the way was to this day NOT sent and two it had knock and chaffing/scuff marks. I am giving facts about the story and not fabricating an ill repute... Fact is the shop has been nothing but helpfull rather doubtfull and several versions of why the crank is not new. Do please ask Dwayne if he can remember my phone call when i thought that they were infact linked in some way. Do ask him if he suggested i take this further. Yes our side is one sided because we are the consumers who got shafted and do not want to send back a crank we paid for and want... To pay more for ethe same thing just new...... Which was advertised

Good point you've brought up, why was the guy charged R500 for courier delivery on a lightweight XO crank?

And the delivery wasn't even next day nogal :(

And considering it was the shops fault for sending damaged goods I'm assuming the shipping both ways is for the sellers account, unless that is they are going to be honest about this whole thing and actually send a new/unused crank once the damaged one is returned?

It sounds as if you know the whole story - so give us the whole story. Why was it advertised as new if it was used. Why don't you just supply a new set in exchange. Surely you have the address as you send the crank to him originally. Common get your head out the hole and fix the problem.

Yes I do have info on this story unfortunately I can't put the hard evidence copies on this forum. The cranks where marked new as you state. This is where the first email suggest where they could have made the mistake and hence them wanting to get the cranks back so they can check and possibly reimburse him. Unfortunately they cant replace as its stock which could be a year old and they might not have the stock. As for the address surly one can check that the address is correct. But if the guy doesn't reply back what do you do send a courier company and then there is nothing to pick up.

Yes I do have info on this story unfortunately I can't put the hard evidence copies on this forum. The cranks where marked new as you state. This is where the first email suggest where they could have made the mistake and hence them wanting to get the cranks back so they can check and possibly reimburse him. Unfortunately they cant replace as its stock which could be a year old and they might not have the stock. As for the address surly one can check that the address is correct. But if the guy doesn't reply back what do you do send a courier company and then there is nothing to pick up.

Cranks were already fitted as per OP's version...paid to get it fitted and must now pay to get it removed. Then over and above the R500 courier fee which should be refunded...

That would be over a thousand rand over and above the cost of the crank which CC would have to refund to make right with the bertus's friend.....see the numbers don't make sense here.

Edited by rouxtjie

And through all this...even with mostly both sides of the story layed out here...all we still see is an unapologetic Seller, and shafted buyer! If not shafted for the crank....definitely that damn 500 bucks courier cost! For flip sakes! :thumbdown:

I vote give the buyer R250 back for the exorbitant courier fees, maybe someone made a mistake in accounts, then give him back R500 for the crank not as supplied and the cost of the missing washer he was forced to incur, his wasted time and frustration can be written off to school fees. Something can be rescued in this deal.

Edited by Skylark

post-32161-0-48686200-1406725273_thumb.jpg

Sean i don't know who you are but you seem to know more. I also read the emails this morning as there were several. Yes they asked for collection adress but CC did not offer a NEW crank set as advertised..... It was advertised new and upon delivery was not new. A lame excuse was also given per email that it was mistaken as a new one because there are two in the shop one new one not so new. Then it was said that it was put on a demo bike in a new condition and had to be the sold as shop "soiled" it was clearly ridden unles CC has a rock garden inside their shop. Newby left the crank at lbs for fitment and being clueless had not noticed it as used till lbs brought his attention to number one it requires a spacer which by the way was to this day NOT sent and two it had knock and chaffing/scuff marks. I am giving facts about the story and not fabricating an ill repute... Fact is the shop has been nothing but helpfull rather doubtfull and several versions of why the crank is not new. Do please ask Dwayne if he can remember my phone call when i thought that they were infact linked in some way. Do ask him if he suggested i take this further. Yes our side is one sided because we are the consumers who got shafted and do not want to send back a crank we paid for and want... To pay more for ethe same thing just new...... Which was advertised

We can go on and on. The shop has realised there is a problem and is willing to fix the problem. Newbie shouldn't have installed the crank. I would have spoken to a senior person to resolve problem. Staff hide stuff from management so they don't get into the **** we all now that I have staff of my own. I am sure if you contacted Ricky personally after that last mail which is two weeks ago this would have been resolved. If you in box me I will gladly give you Rickys cell number or personal email address.

Hi all,

We've received communications from Concept Cyclery Cedar Square offering their side of the story.

They have acknowledged their error in advertising and sending a boxed item based on the assumption of it's new condition. However, they have also offered the required resolution in terms of the applicable Acts (CPA and ECT) which is to refund the purchaser for the full amount and arrange return shipping at their cost.

As they have explained to me, unfortunately they do not have stock of the same product (model & year) in the required condition with which this can be replaced straight out (which would be the ideal scenario) and as such can only offer a refund.

It is an unfortunate situation, however it was an error and one they have offered the required legal resolution for in the form of a refund.

This thread has been closed pending a response from all parties concerned. Further speculation and commentary will not be of help to either party in finding resolution.

Matt