Harley Davidson Road Hogs

fabs

If you listen to a Harley engine roar it say's .Look how small my d%&k is ! Over and over again

Really, I never quite noticed that. Guess I haven't been riding Harleys long enough.

How long will it be before I notice this odd personality change?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't assault all HD riders, because I'm sure there are a few decent ones, but a couple of Sundays ago they came past a group of us at the cradle. It's like some of the fools were trying to see how close to the cyclists they could ride.

Of all the motorised vehicles on the road, I'd think that motorcyclists would be the most capable of providing a cyclists with a 1.5m gap.

I wish this particular group of HD riders would take their balls out of their purses, and race superbikes down to Haarties, instead of racing cyclists at the cradle.

I won't assault all HD riders, because I'm sure there are a few decent ones, but a couple of Sundays ago they came past a group of us at the cradle. It's like some of the fools were trying to see how close to the cyclists they could ride.

Of all the motorised vehicles on the road, I'd think that motorcyclists would be the most capable of providing a cyclists with a 1.5m gap.

I wish this particular group of HD riders would take their balls out of their purses, and race superbikes down to Haarties, instead of racing cyclists at the cradle.

I have to admit that we were in the cradle two weeks ago and I also had issues with the HOG boys. notice these guys are HOG boys, not your average Harley rider. HOG= Harley Owners Group. They seem to have an attitude like a seniors motorcycle gang.

So now I am two for two. This past weekend and the weekend before. both times riding, in different venues, with the HOG boys and their marshals seeming to think they have more rights than the average joe. So what's with them. What's with the HOG boys that they think they are special.

It's not the motorcyclists, nor the Harley riders. I am a motorcyclist too. I ride a Triumph and three of four weeks ago the HOG Marshall's saw fit to stop a number of us on triumphs to let the HOG boys through.

So this is not isolated nor Harley specific, but HOG specific.

Over 95% of these Harley riders are good people. The problem comes with these organised fun rides where the majority of these rides are new inexperience riders more scared than you and don't always know what they are doing. It's sometimes these marshals who try and act like police clowns who are the problem.

But as mentioned by a couple of Hubbers we should also look at our own behavior on the road, and on race days I am sure other motorist, and motorbike riders freak out when there is road closures, or traffic disruptions.

And no, I am not a Harley rider, but was a BMW GS rider before cicyling took over.

I like to think of the Cradle as a “No blame Zone" and direct all frustrations towards my pedals rather than others.

Works for me

Hmm...so if I kick you on your backside (at the cradle), I can sit back and watch you race off into the sunset? :ph34r:

Edited by Lone Rider

Over 95% of these Harley riders are good people. The problem comes with these organised fun rides where the majority of these rides are new inexperience riders more scared than you and don't always know what they are doing. It's sometimes these marshals who try and act like police clowns who are the problem.

But as mentioned by a couple of Hubbers we should also look at our own behavior on the road, and on race days I am sure other motorist, and motorbike riders freak out when there is road closures, or traffic disruptions.

And no, I am not a Harley rider, but was a BMW GS rider before cicyling took over.

Yah, I agree, I ride a Harley and I love it. I have riden bikes all my life and i have enjoyed every minute of it, I make no apologies.

The issue is not about people who ride Harley's or BMW's, its not about people who drive Audi's or Merc's, these generalisations are insulting, and the often tossed in "fat" comment is unnecessary as well,... ....the issue has nothing to do with these modes or brands of transport, its an issue of a perceived (rightly or wrongly) injustice. Nothing more, Nothing less.

If an issue cant be discussed without resorting to derogatory and insulting comments, in my opinion there is really nothing much else to say.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Only number plate i could see was Big Hog/Hoss * GP. he was one of the Marshals. Some of them even riding 2 abreast and showing us all sorts of hand signals!

Ha ha ha

Those signals probably looked like someone pointing at you. Its to highlight to the group riders thats theres an obstruction or harzard is the direction where they're pointing - its for your safety and the Harley Chaps

I will bet it was a new riders session and there were one or two that got to close to you. You should contact the HOG chapters - more likely Sandton or Clearwater to inform them and they will have a chat with the marshals.

A lot more proactive then calling other lifestyle folk names.

Ride safe

Edited by Klaus

Yah, I agree, I ride a Harley and I love it. I have riden bikes all my life and i have enjoyed every minute of it, I make no apologies.

The issue is not about people who ride Harley's or BMW's, its not about people who drive Audi's or Merc's, these generalisations are insulting, and the often tossed in "fat" comment is unnecessary as well,... ....the issue has nothing to do with these modes or brands of transport, its an issue of a perceived (rightly or wrongly) injustice. Nothing more, Nothing less.

If an issue cant be discussed without resorting to derogatory and insulting comments, in my opinion there is really nothing much else to say.

Yes

But do you wear Raybans

Sorry a little facetious ....no harm meant...Harley's have never really appealed to me.I am older than you but they still remind me of geese farting on a muggy day

I have an imperial sized socket set... generally of no use in my day to day life.

I used it once and guess what for, to tighten bolts on my mates Harley that had rattled loose before our brewery ride.

No, I do not ride a harley

They sit with the foot pegs so wide apart so they can feel the wind on their vaginas

You know this for a fact? you have a link to an article that can substantiate your claim? or you just showing your level of intelligence with regard to blanket stereotyping (failed humour) the same as nonky rather than an informed discussion of the issue and concerns raised by the OP?

Or perhaps you are referring to one of the biggest growing markets for HD being females over 40 years old?

You know this for a fact? you have a link to an article that can substantiate your claim? or you just showing your level of intelligence with regard to blanket stereotyping (failed humour) the same as nonky rather than an informed discussion of the issue and concerns raised by the OP?

Or perhaps you are referring to one of the biggest growing markets for HD being females over 40 years old?

Clearly Ive hit a nerve, if Ive offended you, I dont apologise.

So did somebody already report this to the Pres or Road Cap from the Hogs ? And while you at it sommer remark about the wind on their fannies . Who's got the balls ? Come on people , it's just a bunch of old farts and can not even bite you with their falsies !