Harley Davidson Road Hogs

fabs

Look - they were at full speed and going a little bit faster than us.

So I suppose that gives them right of way - King's of the Road status etc (compared to our steads offcourse)

So we should have just dutifully pulled over when we heard those roars, approaching from behind, and when we didn't jump out of their way, it's to be expected that they got a little bit irritated and were forced to make rude gestures and hand signals to us lowly road users.

I mean, would you not get a bit irritated if a cyclist didn't immediately give way when you came past on your R400 000-00 excuse for a motorcycle - capable of 120 km/hr on the Dainfern downhill that only needs 4 lanes to execute a U-turn without falling over.

Really - what were we thinking.

Guys - I'm sorry - I'm really sorry - won't happen again - promise.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got to laugh!!... once incident with a harley rider and all harley riders are the scum of the road... irrespective that a lot do a great deal of charity work as well as marshalling for cyclists and events.

No different to a car driver complaining about a particular cyclist doing this and that wrong, it is a one isolated incident which makes all cyclists bad in their eyes... same scenario.

It happened, it was unfortunate, am sure you get cut up by car drivers on your drive too and from work. Do you complain about every day idiots on the road... get over it, life is too short !!

And no I, I do not own a harley... it is hard enough to pay for the bicycles I own let alone a harley!!

You got to laugh!!... once incident with a harley rider and all harley riders are the scum of the road... irrespective that a lot do a great deal of charity work as well as marshalling for cyclists and events.

No different to a car driver complaining about a particular cyclist doing this and that wrong, it is a one isolated incident which makes all cyclists bad in their eyes... same scenario.

It happened, it was unfortunate, am sure you get cut up by car drivers on your drive too and from work. Do you complain about every day idiots on the road... get over it, life is too short !!

And no I, I do not own a harley... it is hard enough to pay for the bicycles I own let alone a harley!!

Hello Shaper. I know that maybe you mean well by this remark. Firstly, I did not mention all HD riders, its the douchebag "marshall", I bet he also wears a plastic badge. Secondly, I also do charity work, but don't brag about it, nor do I ride like I own the road. I also do not own a HD, but by choice ! Now that we think we know, who the club is, perhaps that isolated "marshall" would like to comment ? The word will get out, that its his face on those old style saloon "wanted" posters. If he is intelligent enough, let him substantiate his actions.

i think this is to some extent a case of the pot calling the kettle black...

I don't know what happened and I wasn't there, but I can just say that I was riding in the cradle on the weekend and us cyclists aren't exactly keeping in the yellow lanes...

On saturday there were huge bunches, riding mostly in groups of two abreast, and when one group passes another, then its minimum 4 abreast... Can't say I noticed the front guys looking back to make sure any cars aren't coming...

Edited by rudi-h

hahahahah what a lag!! I agree completely. I used to be one of those f#@ctards too but never ever rode in an organised Chapter/Group. I rode alone or with my mates and being first and foremost a cyclist, I was always a leeker dude on the rode towards my non-motorised buddies. I have almost given up with road riding now days.....just too much politics. I ride my MTB almost all the time, always in the veld, and I would love to see a bunch of Harley posers push me off a single track!!!! hahahah good luck with that "Blue Oyster Captain"

Oooops a couple of typos above, sorry. No I am not vrot, just Monday and my keyboard and eyes are not seeing eye-to-eye, hahaha. Rode/Road, you know what I mean, tamato/tomaato

i think this is to some extent a case of the pot calling the kettle black...

I don't know what happened and I wasn't there, but I can just say that I was riding in the cradle on the weekend and us cyclists aren't exactly keeping in the yellow lanes...

On saturday there were huge bunches, riding mostly in groups of two abreast, and when one group passes another, then its minimum 4 abreast... Can't say I noticed the front guys looking back to make sure any cars aren't coming...

This is exactly our point, a cyclist does not have to stay in the yellow line, the cyclist has equal rights to occupy a entire lane. The motorcyclist (HD) rider has to wait behind or overtake you when it is safe to do so.

I don't understand the need to pose on a two wheeled tractor, awful piece of rubbish to ride.

If you listen to a Harley engine roar it say's .Look how small my d%&k is ! Over and over again

Edited by Blitzer

Be carefull when they pass not to slide off, the amount of oil leaking could cause a slick big enough to equal the exxon valdes!