Then you didn't try hard enough or is it one of pre tin can thickness frames?

poor effort, pre tin can days, pre wagon wheel craze, not enough #enduro on it .......and I don't seem to own bike s for very long.

Did however manage to break the bike I replaced it with another bike that did break....Three times

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

following a frame break under warranty the representative from Giant South Africa rather rudely states in a telephonic conversation "you must wait and accept there is nothing else i can do for you."

well thanks to the guys at my local bike shop who organized me a loaner, set it up and told me i can use it as long as it take for the frame to be replaced.

maybe you should have just left it to your lbs to sort it and not get involved; are you not being a little oversensitive about his answer? I have always only heard good things about dragons.

hopefully you do get sorted soon.

following a frame break under warranty the representative from Giant South Africa rather rudely states in a telephonic conversation "you must wait and accept there is nothing else i can do for you."

well thanks to the guys at my local bike shop who organized me a loaner, set it up and told me i can use it as long as it take for the frame to be replaced.

Tell us the full story. I think I know the bike you're talking about...

no matter what the rep has said i still will be riding the Anthem x brilliant bike and the local guys are great.

this said i have got the loan bike till mine is sorted.

Tell us the full story. I think I know the bike you're talking about...

quite simply don't ride the bike to hard Anthem X is brilliant, frame cracked at a weld.

maybe a little irritated at the fact that after spending the type of money it breaks after 2 months and i'm well aware production error could or probably did cause the failure but the only thing that bugged me was when i spoke to the rep he seemed not to phased by the issue. maybe i'm wrong in my response but just didn't feel happy with the reps response.

quite simply don't ride the bike to hard Anthem X is brilliant, frame cracked at a weld.

maybe a little irritated at the fact that after spending the type of money it breaks after 2 months and i'm well aware production error could or probably did cause the failure but the only thing that bugged me was when i spoke to the rep he seemed not to phased by the issue. maybe i'm wrong in my response but just didn't feel happy with the reps response.

which weld?

NOW for the even bigger problem!!

they gave me 650b as a loan bike now i need to buy one.

to anyone interested Anthem 650b try it!!! on a trail i normally ride with my 29er

destroyed 12 of 22 segments.

Anthems got a reputation for cracking frames at the top tube / seat tube join, but that really only applies to a limited number of year models. (Not sure exactly which and don't want to guess :blush: .) The years before and after are tough bikes.

2013 Anthem x1 alu is a good strong bike(yellow and black). You can do monster drop offs with it and it didn't break. That's from my past experience jumping off stuff.

NOW for the even bigger problem!!

they gave me 650b as a loan bike now i need to buy one.

to anyone interested Anthem 650b try it!!! on a trail i normally ride with my 29er

destroyed 12 of 22 segments.

BAHAHAHAHA!!! Ask Dragons if they can swap you out for a 650b frame instead of the niner. Sell your old stuff (forks, wheels) and then build everything else across, and you have a 6 fiddy of your own.

While replacing suspension bearings on my 3 year old Anthem I noticed a small crack at one of the bearing carriers. I mailed this exact photo to my LBS, who forwarded it to Dragons. They replied that we must courier the frame to them and they will replace. 5 working days after reporting the crack to my LBS they phoned to inform me to come pick up my bike! Thanks Dragons and thanks Saley's Kroonstad that is exceptional service!

Seeing that this rant turned into a rave very quickly, another example of Dragons great customer service: This happened about 4 years ago. Friend of mine's Anthem cracked at the usual place for the Anthem, the seat-post top-tube weld. Dragons did not have a replacement Al frame in his size at the moment and upgraded him to a carbon frame at no cost! Customer service par excellence!

this is good to hear like i said in a previous post it is not Giant or Dragon i have an issue with i was just not happy with the manner in which the rep spoke to me. i do and probably will always ride Giant and this may be a matter of perception.