Homemade Tyre Sealant

zniper

Geen stuff with gold glitter ? Yellow label? Comes with a valve adapter and little rubber tube?

Been using it for the last 2 years,

When I gashed a tyre and got sprayed with glitter, me wife accused me of saying I was going for a ride and actually going to Teasers. Flippen nearly cost me my marriage

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I gashed a tyre and got sprayed with glitter, me wife accused me of saying I was going for a ride and actually going to Teasers CATWALK . Flippen nearly cost me my marriage

fixed it for you :ph34r:

When I gashed a tyre and got sprayed with glitter, me wife accused me of saying I was going for a ride and actually going to Teasers. Flippen nearly cost me my marriage

Very clever. Going to Teasers, and then slashing your glitter filled tyres to cover it up.

I've been making my own "stans" for many years. We checked it on an infrared scanner and it was a perfect match.

What, you "scanned" it with your TV remote? Or did you use one of those things they use at Pick n Pay?

The sealant recipe sounds good though.

• 2 months later...

I made my own tyre sealant for the last 3 years. It works better than stans and lasts easily for 6 months.

Ingredients: distilled water , propylene glycol , liquid latex, xanthan gum (for keeping stuff in suspension), ammonia (to prevent latex clogging, though it coagulateas soon as it shears through a hole), braaipap mieliemeel, dog hair. 

I don't use glitter. I use a combination of course mieliemeel and dog hair/dryer lint.  

Mieliemeel: Stans use it too. I use Braaipap - it is about 0.4 - 0.6 mm, which is the same size as Stance

Dog hair/dryer lint: I like the fibre as it plugs bigger holes. Sludge also uses a fibre - it looks like dryer lint (the spookpoep you get in a tumble dryer). Jack Russel hair is short enough. The small amount of xantham gum keep all the solids in a nice suspension.

Yup, I have been making the same for some time, just as good as stans.

1 part latex (mould builder from hardware store - contains amonia)
2 parts water
2 parts anti freeze
1 spoon Mieliepap

Edited by Max Headroom

• 5 years later...

anyone know where to find liquid latex in Centurion ?

I'm really not going to drive to the ass end of joburg for A R70 bottle of the stuff 

Very clever. Going to Teasers, and then slashing your glitter filled tyres to cover it up.

You never really go do you?  Otherwise you wife would know the smell is the indicator.  Its always the smell.

I had a girl-friend who could smell tell the next morning when we were at teasers the night before.

You never really go do you? Otherwise you wife would know the smell is the indicator. Its always the smell.

I had a girl-friend who could smell tell the next morning when we were at teasers the night before.

I thought that the idea was not too touch. According to my friends....

I thought that the idea was not too touch. According to my friends....

The smell clings whether you touched or not.

I am referring of course to the perfume, i think it is standardised between all the girls.   Maybe corporate guidelines.

Also I was last at a teasers when it was still the old man who owned it.

Not sure what's happening with those joints these days lol.

Edited by boxerulez

You never really go do you? Otherwise you wife would know the smell is the indicator. Its always the smell.

This is why I can’t smell coconut without giggling a little.