29er front and 27.5 rear what would happen?

Bizkit031

My pedals will hit the ground with every pedal stroke, a new mtb discipline called mtbrunning.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/k/mk2-5pennyfarthing_4.jpg

Why stop there? Check out this sweet 54/18 combo. Plus its a fixie so there's some hipster credentials as well.

Edited by Polo

What would happen if you take a 29er full suss and put a 27.5 on the rear and leave the front as is?

The same if you wore crocs to a fancy restaurant, people will point and laugh

Why not .Everybody thought 27inch will not last and look where we are now .Same with 29inch .If there are advantages it will take of

you might slap your pedals more often on rocks as the BB height will drop a little

That is exactly what happens, then you fall hard, did exactly that on sunday

you will climb like a machine, but get DQ as it is out of UCI regulation to have different wheel sizes.

oh ja. and you will look like a dwas :ph34r:

You can play with tyre sizes to get the same advantage.

Tyre circumference according to cat eye :

26" x 2.1 2068mm

26" x 2.35 2083mm

650 x 20C 1938mm

650 x 23C 1944mm

650 x 35A 2090mm

650 x 38A 2125mm

The different size bikes and gears are only a market ploy by manufacturers to stimulate sales, it all depend on the engine, in this case you, the one that's pushing the pedals.........

My argument remain the same, if a bigger circumference was so good, why don't they use it on downhill bikes, and why has a BMW GS 1200 off road bike got 17" wheels and not 29" ?

Why hasn't the road bikes changed to 29" ?

Are we been lead by our noses by the manufacturers ???

Only asking ???

PS I think the manufactures will get hold of your idea and in the couple of years time when the 650B crase has died down, they will build your 29" Front 650B rear and change the UCI rules.