29er front and 27.5 rear what would happen?

Bizkit031

Why stop at wheels size, why not also tyre width?

Tyres on my old BMW F650GS: Front Tyre. 90/90 S21. Rear Tyre. 130/80-17

Fat bike rear paired with 29er front w upside down fork. May need a slightly different frame geometry :eek: . Geometry follows wheels anyway so if it makes sense for the wheels, the geometry can be made to look pretty. This months Critical Mass freak show may be the next Specialized Epic 2016 S-Works!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why hasn't the road bikes changed to 29" ?

The additional "s per bike is likely to make the peloton too big and unmanageable ...

nothing, except for a stoopid looking bike and you'll have to carry two varieties of spare tubes

You'll get laughed at and teased all the time. And they call a 29"er with same size wheels a clown bike?

You can play with tyre sizes to get the same advantage.

Tyre circumference according to cat eye :

26" x 2.1 2068mm

26" x 2.35 2083mm

650 x 20C 1938mm

650 x 23C 1944mm

650 x 35A 2090mm

650 x 38A 2125mm

The different size bikes and gears are only a market ploy by manufacturers to stimulate sales, it all depend on the engine, in this case you, the one that's pushing the pedals.........

My argument remain the same, if a bigger circumference was so good, why don't they use it on downhill bikes, and why has a BMW GS 1200 off road bike got 17" wheels and not 29" ?

Why hasn't the road bikes changed to 29" ?

Are we been lead by our noses by the manufacturers ???

Only asking ???

PS I think the manufactures will get hold of your idea and in the couple of years time when the 650B crase has died down, they will build your 29" Front 650B rear and change the UCI rules.

silverback are already onto it. They use a 650b at the rear and a 29er upfront. they claim that it fits perfectly in the aggressive trail riding category. they also metion that with the bigger wheel upfront helps the bike stay stable on the steep descents wile adding a smooth roll over.

have a look here is a link: http://www.silverbacklab.com/upload/2011_website_SILVERBACK/signotecnica_14.htm

Why stop at wheels size, why not also tyre width?

Tyres on my old BMW F650GS: Front Tyre. 90/90 S21. Rear Tyre. 130/80-17

Fat bike rear paired with 29er front w upside down fork. May need a slightly different frame geometry :eek: . Geometry follows wheels anyway so if it makes sense for the wheels, the geometry can be made to look pretty. This months Critical Mass freak show may be the next Specialized Epic 2016 S-Works!

and it will have 1 x 14 gears, or an internal gearbox maybe they can call it a very expensive Rholloff hub worx

and it will have 1 x 14 gears, or an internal gearbox maybe they can call it a very expensive S-holloff hub worx

Fixed

I tried 29" front and 26"back some time ago, my idea was accelerate like a 26" and descent like a 29" ...

Did not really work.

but 29 - 27,5 might...

There are quiet a few 69`er builds out there that have worked rather well.

I think it will slow your steering down a bit due to the slacker head angle, good for down but not so great for up, may work great depending where your love lies.

it will look like this with a 26" wheel :ph34r:

post-7189-0-34668600-1407946023_thumb.jpg

Nice..................for certain cities or towns in SA, I wonder if the bikejackers would go for one like this?