Fatal accident on Solomon Mahlangu

L_D

-25.781703, 28.335188

Pretoria

Solomon Mahlangu Drive

16|08|2014 at approximately 11:00a

We drove past this tragic scene this past weekend with nothing in the local media!??

Does anybody know what happened here?

Edited by L_D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cyclist name was Shown Breytenbach. Was one of our club's members (TCS).

The driver in the bakkie apparently passed vehicles in the yellow lane and that is when he hit Shown.

RIP Shown

Edited by Hennie VR

Snapshot and I cycled passed the scene just after it happened. We came from the opposite side so did not have a clear view of the scene. With all the tow trucks I thought a car went into the ditch. Little did I know it is a fellow TCS member. I later learned it was one of ours. The shock only hit me yesterday. I am angry and frustrated. I was also almost taken out in a similar before. I agree the driver should be charged with murder as his actions was not by accident but deliberate. Does anybody know if the driver was identified and/or arrested? Or did true to SAFFA road user standard, fled the scene?

Does anybody know if the driver was identified and/or arrested? Or did true to SAFFA road user standard, fled the scene?

Sadly nothing seems to happen with these cases. Just look at how quiet things have gone with that guy in PE. We need a case made that makes people realise that killing people on our roads due to negligence is MURDER, and you will face serious consequences...until that time..this will continue