Buyers wasting sellers time

ChUkKy

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1000 posts... Whatever. I've been on the hub for nearly 10 years and bought and sold my fair share. What matters is this is my name and my photo which counts way more than 100 000 posts from a nickname and a cartoon avi.

Well said!

How much stront must one speak to get to 1000 posts... liewe genade

Easy, you don't have to say anything, just post lots of pics on the ladies and bicycles thread. (And like all of Rouxtjie posts :w00t: ) Edited by blondeonabike

What matters is this is my name and my photo which counts way more than 100 000 posts from a nickname and a cartoon avi.

100% agree. People can see my face and immediately there is a sense of trust.

I have had 2 cases of buyers making meeting arrangements and then not pitching. Even one where the person in question started with "I will take them".

Should have a "Rate the Buyer" option in the classifieds so sellers know who to trust a bit less than others

There is a rate the buyer system in place, but most people are not using it

Until you have cash in bank OR have at least made contact and arranged a drop off point, keep taking offers.

Just say provisionly sold until the cash is in hand or in the bank.. easy. Take the other party's number and call them back if the first buyer defaults

Rouxtjie, I can easily reach a 1000 or maybe even 14000 posts if I also use the hub as a chat site..

1000 posts... Whatever. I've been on the hub for nearly 10 years and bought and sold my fair share. What matters is this is my name and my photo which counts way more than 100 000 posts from a nickname and a cartoon avi.

Well start then @floatfox, its the only way I can judge your character....25 posts since 2012 doesnt really inspire me to want assist or help you in any way...its a two way street remember, I am not interested in people that don't realize this.

@Sandro...good for you, however, its exactly people like you and @floatfox, I am not interested in dealing with. Now don't get me wrong, its not about trust or me thinking you are scamsters, but if you have 470 posts in 10 years you really dont contribute much ito thehub community(helping people..in many forms here on thehub). I would rather sell something for 500 bucks to someone that is a regular contributor(read helping people) than to someone for 800 rand that is only here to see what bargains he can snap up or call dibs on...aka lurkers

Edited by rouxtjie

I have had 2 cases of buyers making meeting arrangements and then not pitching. Even one where the person in question started with "I will take them".

Snap... exactly the same.

Check my Polar CS300 advert... proof is right there in the comments

I'm new here, I've only been a member for a month or so, I have no major or in depth cycling knowledge and in most if not all instances currently have nothing worthwhile to contribute. Anything I say or suggest could be completely off the mark so I'd rather let those who have the knowledge or experience contribute.

So perhaps that makes me a "lurker", but I'd rather not say anything until I know what I'm talking about...

If a topic comes up that I feel I can weigh in on I will (like this one).

I'm glad a predefined posting requirement is not the prevailing attitude around here, otherwise newbies like me would be screwed.

I'm new here, I've only been a member for a month or so, I have no major or in depth cycling knowledge and in most if not all instances currently have nothing worthwhile to contribute. Anything I say or suggest could be completely off the mark so I'd rather let those who have the knowledge or experience contribute.

So perhaps that makes me a "lurker", but I'd rather not say anything until I know what I'm talking about...

If a topic comes up that I feel I can weigh in on I will (like this one).

I'm glad a predefined posting requirement is not the prevailing attitude around here, otherwise newbies like me would be screwed.

You dont need in depth knowledge to contribute....and there are many ways to help people, Tech Q&A is but one part of this forum. I personally wish admin would make a requirement, but I understand his position it however does nothing for stimulating growth of what I think everybody wants thehub to be....read the gumtree vs community post.

Rouxtjie, I can easily reach a 1000 or maybe even 14000 posts if I also use the hub as a chat site..

I got to about 3400 posts and Rouxtjie rode me straight into Mordor one Saturday morning, he did help get me out :whistling: