Brandon Stewart

Mousea

I have always had a problem with the exceptions. Nice post by Pabloesque. TUE to be allowed to train is likely the furthest you can go without opening the can too far. Aspiring too have "normal" values (blood, lung functions etc.) when you perform at abnormal levels, reeks of trying to improve/cheat nature. Even if ingestion was accidental- you were still advantaged by the substance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While i was washing my bike I was wondering . How many female cyclist have been bust doping?

Good question: there is at least eleven 'she's' in this list,

Meh.

Logic dictates that a contract is in place before an agreement is reached.

The TUE was applied for but never approved so no deal was reached - no contract.

Would you take delivery of your new car without paperwork? Start a new job without a contract of employment? Move into a new house without the transfer happening?

No reason why BS couldn't wait a week or 3 before he had official paperwork from SAIDS before he took the drugs - it wasn't a life threatening illness.

Is he guilty of doping? Yes - he gained the advantage of the testosterone - was he devious and sneaky like David George? No.

I would have been happy with a 6 month suspension - a slap on the wrist for being a bit naive/dim/negligent when it comes to paperwork.

If you want to lose some weight to get into race-condition, just hop onto some of their twitter threads. The utter guff that they spew out, and spew they do - every 15m or so, about how like awesome they rode this morning, and the awesome pair of socks they got for free from Mr Price, and their awesome new strava time, so awesome! BLECH - your newfound bulimia will drop your weight in no time

While I am not defending any Pro but alot of their contracts have a clause in which they have to such tweets, FB etc promoting sponsors so its not all their fault.

Meh.

Logic dictates that a contract is in place before an agreement is reached.

The TUE was applied for but never approved so no deal was reached - no contract.

Would you take delivery of your new car without paperwork? Start a new job without a contract of employment? Move into a new house without the transfer happening?

No reason why BS couldn't wait a week or 3 before he had official paperwork from SAIDS before he took the drugs - it wasn't a life threatening illness.

Is he guilty of doping? Yes - he gained the advantage of the testosterone - was he devious and sneaky like David George? No.

I would have been happy with a 6 month suspension - a slap on the wrist for being a bit naive/dim/negligent when it comes to paperwork.

Agree with everything you've said except the last sentence. No pro can afford to be naive/dim/negligent when it comes to doping. There are rules in place and they need to be followed.

Agree with everything you've said except the last sentence. No pro can afford to be naive/dim/negligent when it comes to doping. There are rules in place and they need to be followed.

I dunno - David George hid the fact that he was doing EPO - BS told 4*-54 he was using Testosterone - seems unfair that BS's punishment was worse. 30 months for BS versus 24 for George if memory serves...

Hahaha, yeah, but Missy was actually bust for dope TRAFFICKING, not doping. Things went a bit downhill for her after her career ended...