Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoned the bank and get told there is nothing they can do, i have to wait for the amount to go through and if it goes through multiple times take it up with VCS!!! WTF  :cursing:

mine went down 4 times. banks cant help me

we are so foeked now

Just a point of clarification: PPA is not the organiser. It's the Cape Cycle Tour Trust.

PPA and Claremont Rotary are the beneficiaries and share the nett profit after all costs have been deducted.

You only get a R30 discount on the Cycle Tour entry of R430, so I don't really buy the argument that PPA is using this early bird option as a member gathering exercise.

Enter on the 26th rather. With today's entrants out of the mix by then, the process can't be worse than it was now.

I put myself in the queue, got the message to say it was my turn and entered my wife and myself.

As easy as pie.

But if you go to the bank I think within 31days you can reverse the payment

nope, bank cant do anything. If you to report it as fraud, they stop your card.

But that being said, I used my shitty discoverycard

Please send your issues/problems to info@cycletour.co.za as it's important that the office and the trustees of the Cycle Tour get a real feel for how the system is working.

Did just that. Noticed that my account balance has been debited but there is no confirmation entry on the racetec site, as I did not get the confirmation page or email at the end of the payment process.

nope, bank cant do anything. If you to report it as fraud, they stop your card.

But that being said, I used my shitty discoverycard

Yip, bank cant do a thing :(...so now just wait and see if funds are reversed.

will be an administrative nightmare for all vendors and a major inconvenience for the public who entered. ten days till the 26th to sort out all the queries they will have from today's shambles

I'm not even going to try the bank thing again based on what you guys are saying.  My entry is at the payment point, hopefully they extend the "window".
Why have a window in the first place?  Why not just leave entry open to PPA members from now until the 26th?  I don't see the advantage of having a narrow window to have everyone enter, unless they're just trying a 'stress test' on the system?

I tried to enter at 10.03 but took a phone call and timed out. I tried again after 11, got put in a queue for about 25 min and entered and paid within 3 after that. No issues. Now time to train.

Got my entry....  I couldnt resist.

All went smooth. They probably sorted their stuff out now.

Initial Rush ?

Ek het Racetec geskakel.  Hulle beoog blykbaar om voor sluit van besigheid vandag 'n email te versend waarin die prosedure uiteengesit word om terugbetaling te bewerkstellig.

Ek het die prosedure wat hul op hul website vereis om in te skryf vir die Argus noukeurig nagevolg en in die proses is my kredietkaart drie keer debiteer sonder dat ek en my vrou ingeskryf is.  Ek vertrou dat die prosedure met terugbetaling van die totale bedrag soortgelyk ook drie dubbel en dwars met krediete begroet sal word.     

Initial Rush ?

They did have some linking issues with the banks causing a few guys to pay more than once.  Seems to be sorted now.

Archived