Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

So, I'm doing it 15 times then!!!!

hahahahahahha!!!! wait till all the entries are finish , then start selling yours . that's how you roll.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried again for the 2nd time and it worked, entry done. Now just to get my R400 back.. :thumbdown:

I need to get my R2000.00 back...

Probably a bit stupid of me to keep putting the payment through repeatedly...

I need to get my R2000.00 back...

Probably a bit stupid of me to keep putting the payment through repeatedly...

Just the last 3 times

The first two times you're okay   :whistling:

So out of curiosity I checked the cycle tour website and the entry date has changed 3 times already. First it was 1 September 2014, then 8 September 2014, then it was 26 September, now it says the date will be announced soon.

Maybe there is a debate that is going on alas EFF - "pay back the money" :ph34r:

Funny that we now actually do have a case of "pay back the money" LOL

Dear Micky

This message relates to your Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour entry attempt.

Due to technical difficulties experienced by our secure payment gateway partner, you may have experienced a problem with the payment part of your entry process. 

We will be able to confirm which payment attempts have been successful as soon as possible.

• If your payment was successful, we will update your entry and e-mail you confirmation.
  • If your payment was unsuccessful, please DO NOT retry payment. Please wait for an email from us to confirm when you are able to do this.
  • Any possible multiple payments will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.

• If you have sent us an email querying this, please do not send another email. We will respond to each email sent as timeously as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Best wishes

THE TEAM: Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour

"Thank you! Your payment was successful and you are now entered. "

I checked my bank account. No payment was deducted.

:cursing: Still moerig with Racetec

I've now managed to get 3 of team DJR entered, but the 4th one is part of a bigger basket that failed and now seems to be in limbo somewhere in cyberspace. It won't allow me to open a new basket just for him. Their e-mail tells me to wait. Until when?

They really really look like a bunch of muppets today. I don't care who Racetec blames for this monumental stuff up, it is ultimately THEIR responsibility and it doesn't inspire confidence especially since it has to do with secure payments. If they want to encourage online entries and payments, this is NOT the way to go about it!  

I'm really jealous of you PPA guys. Had been in a boring seminar all day, while you guys had all the fun.

I have a meeting on the 26th at two that I'm going to cancel first thing tomorrow morning. I will tell my PA to hold all calls from 12h00 on the 26th until I/ve got my entry.

Well, I haven't even received my email acknowledging my efforts and their stuff-up yet...  :cursing: Interestingly enough, one of my four deductions is no longer showing, only three there this morning. But ja, still out of pocket and entry-less... and communication-less as well.

Well, I haven't even received my email acknowledging my efforts and their stuff-up yet...  :cursing: Interestingly enough, one of my four deductions is no longer showing, only three there this morning. But ja, still out of pocket and entry-less... and communication-less as well.

Yup, same here.  Nothing in my Inbox yet, and all 5 authorisations still on my card.  So still out of pocket with R4000.

Exactly the same thing happened last year when they opened the flood gates for entries. The system couldn't handle the influx of entries and payments and boom...

One would think that they have jacked it up this year. Hold on to your seat belts as I suspect the same thing to happen come 26 Sept

Same thing happened with Sani2C entries this year. A total mess! When will these organisers learn? Don't cut back on IT budget!

Seriously, though: who is in charge of the IT for these guys?

I've designed and worked on multiple systems like this and if something like the fiasco of yesterday were ever to happen to one of my systems I'd be out of a job.

One could kind of (maybe) still understand if this were 2004, but they've managed to screw this up year after year. It's like they've got some kind of collective amnesia when it comes to remembering what happened the previous year.

The worst part is that this isn't even the "main" rush; these were only PPA members and when the hoi polloi hits the system on the 26th there's going to be all manner of fun.

Archived