Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

OK!! were just on the phone with Racetec now. They say just check your accounts for this 2 days , and if the money isn't back on it by Monday, then just mail them a bank statement to show them and then they will sort it out.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK!! were just on the phone with Racetec now. They say just check your accounts for this 2 days , and if the money isn't back on it by Monday, then just mail them a bank statement to show them and then they will sort it out.

Ja well no fine, but what about the entry that I have / still don't have? :cursing: Still grumpy!

Ja well no fine, but what about the entry that I have / still don't have? :cursing: Still grumpy!

Give them a call!!! Maybe they can sort you out. On the Argus FB they responded really fast.

I'm just curious, why only a 5 hour period for PPA members? Given that the system couldn't handle it why the rush??? Why not 5 days iso 5 hours? 

I'm just curious, why only a 5 hour period for PPA members? Given that the system couldn't handle it why the rush??? Why not 5 days iso 5 hours? 

To test if the system could handle a spike.  Basically we were doing live stress testing for them.  If it were 5 days there would not have been a massive spike.

To test if the system could handle a spike.  Basically we were doing live stress testing for them.  If it were 5 days there would not have been a massive spike.

Glad we could help... :cursing: 

At least now they know their system can't handle a spike! 

Okay.  So I just checked the "enter here" site and my entry is still sitting in the basket.  I got the email to say the are sorting it out.  The bank still says they have the 5 authorized payments and I still don't have a confirmed entry.  Someone is going to end up unhappy when this all over.

"We are offering PPA members who have a valid “paid-up” membership like yourself, an exclusive early entry into the 2015 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour. "

Well I work in PR and let me tell you there is nothing exclusive about yesterday's mess up. This has been so badly handled by all involved - they should have just been honest and said it was a test for the system.

I now have to waste time holding for Racetec because my bank statement says i have an entry but Cycle Tour emails say i don't. 

If it helps my mom managed to enter from a yacht off turkey.

She kept sms me asking why it wasn't working,  (i'll just enter with the plebs on the 26th)

Some people really don't know how to do a holiday properly

"We are offering PPA members who have a valid “paid-up” membership like yourself, an exclusive early entry into the 2015 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour. "

Well I work in PR and let me tell you there is nothing exclusive about yesterday's mess up. This has been so badly handled by all involved - they should have just been honest and said it was a test for the system.

I now have to waste time holding for Racetec because my bank statement says i have an entry but Cycle Tour emails say i don't. 

To the PPA members they flaunt it about being an exclusive early entry "because we love you/your membership"

To the rest of the people they advertise it being a test period only for the PPA guys...

What a load of crap with their contradiction. Why don't they just call a spade a spade

sooooo, Is there any feedback on what's happening, or gonna happen?

I'm still sitting with NO entry confirmation email, but i do have confirmation that i paid…  :wacko:

Last contact was yesterday, with the email that was sent out to say they are working on it… 

Now even more :cursing: if this is at all true!

They also need 550 more staff to answer their bloody phones! Sending me a generic bulk e-mail to say I must wait and be quiet is not good enough!

Now even more :cursing: if this is at all true!

They also need 550 more staff to answer their bloody phones! Sending me a generic bulk e-mail to say I must wait and be quiet is not good enough!

What's your address, DJR

Gonna send you some Rescue Remedy

(not sure it is UCI-compliant though)

I am very unhappy with this hole debacle.

NO communication after last night's e mail, NOTHING!

The R 30 discount that i was supposed to get being a PPA member is a JOKE!

this is costing me more that the R 30 discount!!!

At this stage, an apology from PPA is not good enough.

:thumbdown:  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

I am very unhappy with this hole debacle.

NO communication after last night's e mail, NOTHING!

The R 30 discount that i was supposed to get being a PPA member is a JOKE!

this is costing me more that the R 30 discount!!!

At this stage, an apology from PPA is not good enough.

:thumbdown:  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

But the PPA are not involved in you entering the Argus. They receive whatever profits are made after all the expenses of hosting the event are held. The entry and Management of the event is run by the Cycle Tour Trust who use Racetec for the entry, seeding and timing logistics.

Archived